1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you want Brent back?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcstands4, Jan 24, 2014.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,420 Messages
    1,752 Likes Received
    Consider the sample pool. lol.
  2. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,317 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    I truly hope he can at some point in his life he can conquer his demons, but I would prefer he do it without wearing a Cowboy uniform.
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,298 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    To add to what I said, I do think Lee wants Brent back on the defense. Speculative on my part, but I do think it's interesting Lee was in attendance, and that it could indicate the plans ahead with Brent becoming available now. If a team considers each other like family, would a retired player still get that level of closeness with the team leader on defense? Maybe, but my inclination is to believe he is considered very much a part of the team. We'll see but I think that's how it will play out: We'll see him at camp.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Right kind of guys are out getting hammered and driving drunk 2 days before an away game?
  5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,273 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    The fact that this is the NFL means most of these people work hard and play hard. So essentially, RKG means a talented football player. Like I said, vague terminology.
  6. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    SOME DO YES
  7. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

671 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    No he shouldn't be a Cowboy. Im sick of all of the negative press we get as is.
  8. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I dunno, I am trying to find a way to turn this into a positive. He certainly hasn't made the best decisions, but allowing him to go back to something he's committed a large portion of his life too might just provide the only outlet and hope. Should Brent actually be able to turn it around, the ability to provide and make right for Brown's family would be huge...something I'd want in the same, miserable situation.
  9. CowboysBrandon

CowboysBrandon Member

39 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I can only imagine the media circus if we brought this guy back....
    Szczepanik likes this.
  10. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I have no problem at all.

Obviously, once he's ready to play again..

I hope he comes to us first.

Time for closure.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,217 Messages
    1,965 Likes Received
    Using that definition "smart players who are willing to work and to whom football is important" describes 90% of the players in the NFL.

I think you just proved everybody's point, that "RKG" is just a generic term that could apply to almost every player on every team with just a handful of exceptions. Basically there is nothing special about "RKG", its just a catch phrase that doesn't really have any significant meaning to it.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,217 Messages
    1,965 Likes Received
    Excellent point.....................I would bring him back as a team counselor and let him work with the new rookies from the draft and with the community about the dangers of alcohol.

As far as letting him back on the field as a player........................got to say no to that............it would be portrayed by the media as the team supporting drunk driving or not caring about it.

Even if that is not the case, that is how the media is going to portray it. I remember the outrage of Brent just being on the sidelines after that happened, it would be 1000 times worse if he was suiting up for the team.

I would tell Brent, "sorry, but I cant have you wearing the uniform ever again because of the distraction and negative attention it would bring to the team".
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,769 Messages
    3,758 Likes Received
    I don't agree, at all, that that definition applies to 90% of the NFL. And smart, hardworking, and passionate are all relative terms, anyway. He's obviously talking about qualities in these areas above the league average.

No, people who complain about that description are simply complaining for the sake of complaining, instead of saving their criticisms for things worth actually addressing because they actually keep us from winning football games.
  14. Plumfool

Plumfool Member

697 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Browns Mom for some reason sticks by this guy. That's pretty telling.
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,196 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Some people act like this guy is JJ Watt or something, it's Josh Brent a rotational 7th round draft pick, cut him and pick up a street fa. Just not worth the negative publicity and the risk and as you said he got in trouble again waiting on the trial.
  16. birdwells1

3,196 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    You take a chance on a Suh but Brent? It just ain't worth the risk, you kind find a Josh Brent on any NFL practice squad. I guess I just don't get it.
  17. birdwells1

3,196 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Yeah because this is what he's known for.
  18. birdwells1

3,196 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Well, why does this organization deem some players as "undraftable" or take the off the board?
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,976 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received

I don't want an unreliable meathead anyway but you are spot on- this guy is not worth the grief we would get
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,976 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received

you have low standards