1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you want the Fan Zone and Daily Zone forums combined?

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by Reality, Jul 30, 2011.

1. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No way.

The Fan forum is already too crowded b/c people make 30 different threads on the same topic. I like having the news in one place and the fan talk in another.

:star:
  2. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    I thought Daily Zone was for official writers/articles and links, and Fan Zone was for wanna-be writers manifestos, ravings and rants.
  3. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Church.
  4. Robbieac

Robbieac Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never go to the Daily Zone. If they were combined, the worthy articles and discussions will stay towards the top.
  5. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,786 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I think during the season, hell no. The reasons have already been explained ad nauseum by others.

But in the offseason, when nothing is really going on, it wouldn't be a bad thing at all.
  6. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,573 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i was thinking of asking if you could add a twitter zone so i could avoid
    twitter threads
  7. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Agreed, if anything THIS is what the forum needs. The news items that are worthy of discussing will be discussed and keep a spot on the first page.

Every time a player goes to the bath room doesn't need a thread.
  8. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    I agree some of the twitter threads are worthless and probably don't even need to be posted. But at the same time you need to accept that twitter is how news is broken these days. So to say nothing from twitter can be posted in the fan zone would be a huge mistake. Random meaningless posts from players? Sure, but legit news from twitter has its place.
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    i wouldn't say it's how news is broken. it's how gossip can spread and the potential for news, sure. but someone twitting around in 140 characters or less in sext'ing style doesn't really means it's news.
  10. VThokie7

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Pretty sure if you following the right people like Schefter, Mort, and Glazer you can be confident its not "gossip" and frankly where do you think the free agent signings were broken? Has nothing to do with "style" it has everything to do with convenience if you don't understand it or appreciate it that's your decision. But its not going away.
  11. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Yeah I gotta agree here. We wouldn't of found out that Namndi was going to the Jets without Schefters up to the second tweeting.
  12. VThokie7

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Yes because there is never any false information in any other information medium? And when was that posted as fact? Do you understand what speculation is? Or do you believe everything you read online?

Guarentee you find out news faster on Twitter when something happens than you will on TV or any website.
  13. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    My point was that basically, because of the ease and quickness with which you can post things to twitter, the garbage to fact ratio is much much higher. So while you may get it quicker, you may also be getting a load of bull quicker.
  14. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Never understood the need to split them in the first place.
  15. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I adjusted too. And I don't like change. But I'm on board with the majority if they want it.

Get out and vote, though.
  16. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please don't. Having a Daily Zone makes my show prep that much easier.
  17. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I almost never visit the daily zone, and just a quick glance there this morning shows that most threads there don't get much discussion, in fact the entire daily zone seems to always have only a relatively few number of people viewing it at any time compared to the fan zone.

I disagree that important topics would be pushed of the first page. ANY "active" topic will maintain it's front page status till something more important to the fans arrives to move it down the line... as it should be. And I expect that most people don't simply view the first page of a forum, but click through at least the first several several pages.

I say combine the two. Let the most active topics compete for front page status. Survival of the fittest, so to speak.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,281 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    i'd say combine them to make a Hot Zone.

you could then rename the daily zone to the all-star zone and reserve it for really good articles, threads or posts. it would be a motivating factor to get better posts coming in.
  19. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,955 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    If combined I would probably see more articles, since I hardly every go to the Daily Zone.
  20. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,392 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    No. Keep it the way it is.