1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does Anybody Know.....

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by CM Duck, Jul 24, 2005.

1. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

999 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    when the Cowboys away jerseys changed from royal blue to navy blue? I have a "bet" with a friend of mine about this. I say it was somewhere in the Staubach era, like '78-'79. he says it was in the early 80's. Now I do not mean when they started wearing the navy blue with silver/white numbers. I am talking about the navy blue with white numbers.

The reason I am saying '78-'79, is because I have seen Mitchell & Ness Staubach throwback jersey in the navy/white away jersey and it said "1979" on the tag.

If anybody knows the answer, please post it for me.

Thanks.
  2. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    First off, your friend is right. The Cowboys changed their blue jerseys after the 1981 season I believe...

Second, any Staubach jersey you saw from Mitchell & Ness was a fake. Trust me, I saw them by the dozens out on the streets of Pusan, Korea and they were all fake. Alongside them were Emmitt Smith jerseys in the same style. Completely bogus and they could be yours for $40. M&N does not have permission to do any Cowboys jerseys.
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,410 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Not true, Mitchell and Ness DOES have permission Now, and reportedly are working on either a Staubach or a Dorsett. I'd bet it will be Dorsett. But those won't be released for a while, so whatever you saw WAS fake, but they do have permission.
  4. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I have been out of the country as of the past 6 1/2 months, so things may have changed, but the last email I got from Josh at M&N just before I left said that they had produced a LIMITED number of Dorsett jerseys for autographing a while back but that they couldn't get permission from JJ to produce any other Cowboys jerseys... I used to buy my Authentic Cowboys jerseys by Russell from them back in the mid-eighties when I was stationed there in Philadelphia, and he was just getting started making the throwback baseball jerseys and they started catching on. Great people there.
  5. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

999 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I got an email from a member of the M & N customer service staff the other day, because I had to find out for myself from an employee of M & N.

I asked if they have at this time, in the future, or in the past offered any Dallas Cowboys throwbacks.

And infact they DID about 3 years ago. It was a Roger Staubach jersey. He didn't say if it was a white jersey or a blue jersey. He did say they no longer make them due to licensing agreements with the Cowboys.

He did not say if they will (or try to) make any in the future.

So.......there ya go.