1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does anyone have the game film from Romo's 2nd INT?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by aikemirv, Nov 1, 2012.

1. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,081 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I was curious to look at it.
  2. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    157 Likes Received
  3. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,451 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Man that was ugly all around.
  4. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I should probably check my posts. I meant to loop that, but it got typod.

[youtube]rl5HBMIHp5s&loop=1&playlist=rl5HBMIHp5s&autoplay=1[/youtube]
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    That's the first time I took a second look at this particular int. Did Webster push off? It sure looked like he did.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,956 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    When you have your WR one on one on a deeper route like that , you are suppossed to make that throw. The decsion was fine there.
    You want your WR battling for that ball, and they can't get it then nobody should. But Dez seemed all turned around, so I had just assumed the throw was not where he was expecting it.
  7. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    ...beleive it was Austin playing the ball like a JAG def back.......

Coaches teach qB's to make that throw based on the ability of the WR to better play the ball in the air than the db......make a play, just make it happen, and use the sideline vrs toward the middle of the feild where the S will come from.
  8. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,679 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Webster impeded Austin's ability to get back to the ball, but I don't think the officials even considered calling anything because Webster had position.

Not saying they shouldn't have called illegal contact, just that they probably viewed it as a no-call. We get things like that a lot, probably because Dallas rarely protests noncalls.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    I just noticed that too. Didn't see it during the game. That's pretty obvious contact.

No wonder Austin was off balance.
  10. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

That's how I saw it. The ball was in the air and it was before either player was able to make a play for it. Looked like he pushed off or at least extended his arm, effectively keeping Austin from being able to make a play on the ball. Should have been PI, but since it was inconspicuous I can see why they didn't call it. Subtle but very effective.
  11. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Active Member

717 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Good blocking up front
  12. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,679 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Yes, I was calling for a PI from the moment I saw it. I still think Romo could have given Austin a better shot at catching it, but it's hard to make a play on the ball when you're being pushed.
  13. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,212 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    We have thrown 39 interceptions. None of which were the fault of any of our players.

We just have bad luck. We are a great team.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

You should put your sarcasm target in quotes. Oh that's right, nobody even remotely implied that none of the interceptions were the team's fault.

Carry on.
  15. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,212 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    Don't be pissed at me becauSe your team sucks
  16. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Active Member

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I don't see how anyone in their right mind can put that INT on Romo.

You give your WR chances to make plays on the ball with those throws that can add up to chunks of yards. That was just terribly played by Austin.

Stats lie sometimes. Romo is playing much better than his numbers indicate. Point blank.
  17. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't mind the decision to throw that ball up for grabs. You expect your WR to make plays for you sometimes.

But...That was a bad throw. Let's just call it how it is. Miles Austin did what he could.
  18. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Haven't seen anyone mention that Austin is still running towards the sideline when Romo starts to throw the ball. The hips are not upfield yet.

[IMG]

That's the first frame of Romo's throwing motion. I should have included the entire throwing motion, but I'm off to other things.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,835 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Something doesn't feel right about that entire play. Seems like either Austin should've been closer to the sideline, or the throw should be to the inside, and he would have to fight with the Safety coming over.

Just too much room left on the sideline, either way, Austin never even jumped I don't think.
  20. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,970 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    The defender pushed off at the last second..