1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does anyone have the game film from Romo's 2nd INT?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by aikemirv, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    I don't like the route combination at all. So much real estate to work with in the middle of the field.
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Are u here for a reason or is it just to be an attention monger?
  3. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    That was a clear PI, hadn't seen that angle. There was no way Miles could make a play on that ball with that push off at the last second.
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

That's what I was saying. Miles didn't run a great route, but there is no way those blaming him because he didn't make a play on the ball could have seen this angle.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,468 Messages
    6,173 Likes Received
    I don't know what I'm missing, but I don't see PI, and I still think this just looks like bad ball placement by Tony.

I get the read and the decision to throw it to Miles there, but he sure didn't put him in a good position to make a play on that ball.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,270 Messages
    4,817 Likes Received
    I don't understand why there is not more separation between Miles and Dez.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,975 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    Thank you.
  8. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,123 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Austin allowed Webster to keep him away from the sideline. Knowing how notorious Romo is for slightly underthrowing deep balls, Austin should've stopped for a second to let Webster go by. OK pass. Sloppy,lazy route. I don't think it was PI. Just a hand on the back. Austin fell down twisting around to look for the ball.
  9. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Both.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,984 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    I don't see it either. Looks like Miles just got turned around and made a poor attempt on the ball. That whole play was just "off"
  11. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Funny how so many people can look at the exact same thing, yet see it differently.

Some people see obvious pass interference, others don't see it at all.
  12. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,451 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Here's the Austin visible portion of the endzone view, to the point of the INT:

http://imgur.com/a/5ycPG#0 (Use left/right arrow keys)
  13. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    That angle isn’t great. If you watch the video from Romo’s perspective (saw it somewhere) it clearly is defensive PI. It’s the Giants so they don’t call it.
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,975 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    Zero pass interference there.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,878 Messages
    2,136 Likes Received
    That's the one int that I put on Romo that day. The punt/pas was no big deal, the JPP pick was freakish, and the one to dez was on Dez. But this one, I tned to put on Tony.

The ball looked like it drifted and it also looked like Miles had to slow down for it.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,141 Messages
    775 Likes Received
    It was a jump ball, so I think Romo intended for Austin to have to slow down and outjump the defender for it. But I agree that Romo let the ball drift too far toward the sideline, forcing Austin to have to play through Webster to get it. Austin was unable to even try, though, because of Webster's contact, which is pretty clear on a big screen.

I put this one on Romo, too, because if you are going to throw a jump ball, you need to throw it where the defender has to go through your receiver to have any shot at it and not vice versa. If he was too concerned about the safety to do that, then he shouldn't have thrown it.
  17. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I thought Austin started outside on his break and then turned inside. You can see his position to the hash marks where he turns into the field from the sidelines a bit.
  18. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received

By the letter of the rule, that IS pass interference. He puts 2 hands on the Austin and pushes off to create separation.

It wasn't BLATANT, but PI nonetheless.