1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does anyone think this team has a chance to beat the Eagles?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyblue22, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

551 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    that this team has chance o beat the eagles next week or is it going the the motions time. every year there is something that goes wrong
    las t year defense this year offense and this team cannot buy a turnover and i dont think that they will win until they can do some of that I am no t sure what the problem is but its not getting any better they keep saying they are workingto changes things dont i dont think wha t they are doing is working.
  2. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Zero chance might be a bit of a stretch, but my gut feeling is that the eagles are just a much tougher, and smarter team, and will find a way to beat us like usual, despite not being very good.
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Yes they have a chance to beat the Eagles, and I think they will but what does that really mean? The Eagles aren't any good and neither of these teams are playoff bound so even if they beat the Eagles, it won't mean a thing.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,086 Messages
    3,067 Likes Received
    I think we'll run the table from here.

That ought to make some people's undies bunch up.
  5. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

920 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    poor OL performance negates a running game, which means Romo has to throw to receivers that are inconsistent, we don't score TD's in the redzone, and our D is not the same with a hurt Jrat, and most importantly, the Cowboys are a weak minded team, so, we won't win.
  6. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Of course they do. I know it feels bad after a loss, but the general consensus on the board has been moving toward an 8-8 season, give or take a game in either direction.

I don't know what anyone would have seen last night to think that that trajectory has changed.

We'll win a few more and lose a few more.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,029 Messages
    2,260 Likes Received
    Dallas can beat anyone and lose to anyone so yes I think we can win this game but I don't feel confident either way.
  8. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,816 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received
    For whatever reason we never really matchup well with the Eagles. I'm sure their DL, as pathetic as its been, will have a field day on Free and the Boys. And if the secondary had trouble with the speed of Julio Jones, I fear what Desean Jackson will do if our d-line doesnt pressure Vick. Middle of the field all game long
  9. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,383 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Yes they can beat any team on any day...

But, the only hope for the playoffs am afraid is winning the division.. After seeing the nfc north and what seatle is doing I think Cowboys need help from teams to beat the giants and most importantly taking care of their own schedule as well....

:cool:
  10. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    If the eagles lose tonight and Vick has a bad game, the eagles will be in shambles, maybe switching QBs. If that happens, we will win.

Then promptly lose to the Browns.:laugh2:
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,081 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    Of course you do. :D
  12. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Sure we have a chance to beat them and we possibly will.

The Eagles are just as dysfunctional as the Cowboys.

I am expecting an ugly contest between the two teams; similar to our game against Tampa.
  13. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Yes, we will beat the Eagles, if we give the ball to Felix or Murray 25+ times and establish a run. I don't care if we have a few 0 gains, we need to establish a running game. Give either of them the ball enough times to get in a groove, and it will pay off.

We will not beat the Eagles if Romo throws it 40+ times.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    We could sweep them.
    We could split wins with them.
    They could sweep us.

As bipolar as the Cowboys are right now, the eagles are just about as bad if not worse in some areas.
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,650 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    For whatever reasons, it's a bad matchup for us with the current rosters. Just our luck, Reid will run McCoy 30+ times against us and Vick will play his cleanest game of the season.
    Regardless of what happens tonight in New Orleans, i felt better about our matchup with Atlanta than i do against the Eagles.
  16. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Plus Vick is one of the few QBs in the league that can match Romo turnover for turnover.

But knowing our defense we won't create a single turnover playing against one of the games most careless QBs.

:bang2:
  17. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,651 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    You have to quit living on blind faith regarding this football team man.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,931 Messages
    7,683 Likes Received
    Of course we'll be in the game against the Eagles.
  19. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I like our chances if Murray is back and if the offense utilizes the no huddle more often.
  20. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    unfortunately, i think that andy reid will have his team better prepared than the Cowboys next week. furthermore, i think that the eagles are less likely to self destruct late in such a contest. game may be close however and there is always hope...