1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does Dallas Telegraph Their 1st Round Picks/Trade-Down Scenario

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Apollo Creed, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah. I read what Sturm said, but I disagree with him.

For example, the Cowboys were also interested in Mike Iupati the year Dez was drafted.
  2. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

880 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    So YR, who you like this year?
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones tells you every year what we are going to do.

So the answer is a resounding YES.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I call BS that you predicted that many picks of ours.
  5. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I actually had the exact same picks that Yakuza did, so I am not surprised. It really hasn't been as difficult as many of you think.
  6. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,609 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Did this really need to be moved to the draft zone to die?

I understand the Fan Zone is currently littered with classic threads that we cannot move off the board but c'mon.
  7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,609 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Especially considering every single fan in the 'know' usually had it narrowed down to 1 or 2 guys, it's not that hard - look at position of need, look at players available, look at what pro days we attended, look at who we invited in for visits, and listen to Jerry the week before the draft, and you'll know exactly who we're taking.

Last year we knew it was Smith, Dez falling made him a no brainer, we knew it was gonna be Felix and best corner available in 2008, in 2007 we needed a pass rusher, in 06 we were gonna take an ILB, etc etc. You get the point.

I seriously doubt YR has nailed it every single year, because I don't think anyone really could've forecasted Dez falling last year, 04 was a total surprise to me with Julius Jones>S. Jackson, and the Ware/Spears/Merriman draft came down to the last second and the draft room was split on that.

7/10 years the picks seemed either pretty obvious, or info was leaked prior to the draft where it became apparent who we were going after if they were there, and most of the time, the guys were there.
  8. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think we just have a more savvy fan base then most. We know what time it is. Not everything was leaked. Especially considering at one point we het linked to almost every player.

I challenge the fact that this year there is 1 standout we are linked to. Poe? DeCastro? Cox? Coples? Barron? Gilmore? Kirkpatrick?

Come on now.