1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does Dallas Win if Vick stays in the game?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Nov 13, 2012.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    If Vick stays in the game?

Dallas won the game, to be sure.

But since this place is more than fond of playing the what if game...does Dallas win if Vick stays in and the rookie doesn't play?

And in that answer rests what can happen when Vick and company visit Jerry's Strip Club and Fashion Boutique in Arlington.

Seventeen points is not enough to win most days in this league.

The schedule is not as easy as it looks. You cannot ignore that division rivals have a way of sometimes winning even when they are not as good as Dallas. We have three of those left.

Cinci is tough in their house.

New Orleans will not roll over and the Stealers are tough.

So what if Vick had played the entire game?

Maybe the Super Bowl posts should take a breather.
  2. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,846 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    Considering I think I read he had blurred vision from a concussion, I think the Cowboys would have probably still won. :D

And yes, I know what you meant, but where's the fun in that? :)

#reality
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Ok then Dallas win, heck Philly has had their own issues this year with Vick at QB so who knows what would have happened.

Would Dallas have ran the ball even better with Murray in the game? Would our safety play be better if Church was in the lineup? if Lee was not out would he be a big help to the defense?
  4. blindzebra

blindzebra Benched

9,481 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    We would have won easier with Vick in the game.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    I think it would have been a bigger blowout with Vick.
  6. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

997 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    They were playing fairly well until Vick went out. Soon as he did the Cowboys lost their intensity for about a quarter. Philly was trying to rally around the rookie QB but they ran out of steam after a quarter. I think the end result would have been the same but maybe not quite so lopsided.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Losing Vick actually helped the Eagles. The guy is the dumbest quarterback in the league.
  8. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,370 Messages
    1,538 Likes Received
    Me too. It isn't as if he has ben a world beater this year.
  9. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I was actually MORE worried when Vick went out.
  10. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,381 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    clearly the score dictated we would have won if Vick was still in the game. ONe arm behind his back, punch drunk, probably deciding where to eat after the game and he was still taking on the Dallas D. I think if he was allowed to down a bottle of bourbon for the pain he could still rally that team to not just stop Dallas, but than when he gets back in, the offense rallies to put them over the top.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,275 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    I think we've got an early consensus that people aren't too worried about Mike Vick this year.

To your other point, I agree that the Superbowl talk is beyond comical. I don't understand what it is about fans that they can't just have a moderat position and wait to see how the season unfolds. Every year there are dramatic reversals, one way or the other, with every team in the NFCE. You just don't know how it might play out until Dec, at the earliest.
  12. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    We didn't even attempt a pass in the 4th qtr so this 17 pts argument needs to take breather.
  13. Idgit

31,275 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    Yep. There were two series there where we were taking the air out of the ball because it was the smart thing to do given the conditions in the game.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,015 Messages
    9,096 Likes Received
    Great question. I think we still would have but I certainly don't know.

I wouldn't get hung up on the 17 offensive points. The punt return TD and INT return TD back to back put us in drain the clock mode on offense and prevent on defense. It's a completely different situation if the game is tight.
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    I disagree with the consensus.

Underestimation seems to be the soup du jour.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,015 Messages
    9,096 Likes Received
    Maybe so, but you'd have a pretty boring message board on your hands here if everybody waited to see on things.
  17. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How so? The backup played better than the starter. The Cowboys defense gameplanned for the starter not the backup. It showed at times.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    They had the ball and were within one score before the fumble recovery. I'd hardly call that lopsided.
  19. Idgit

31,275 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    True, true. I guess if I could have my way, we'd have a fringe that couldn't wait, or had strong feelings on oddball topics like, say, "CB play doesn't matter in the NFL." And then the moderates could argue sensibly with them to keep things lively.

Instead we've got a nation of golden retrievers that runs madly after the tennis ball, barking and wetting itself and stepping all over each other from one end of the field to the other each week. Barking, gnashing, peeing, blaming the play calling. Either way, however we react, the guy doesn't actually throw the ball until the end of the season. He's messing with us, you guys! You can see...he's holding the ball in his other hand and just pretending to throw it!

Also, CB play is really, really important. :)
  20. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

245 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    as was I...