1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does Dallas Win if Vick stays in the game?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Nov 13, 2012.

1. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

808 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    No. Mike Vick stinks.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,440 Messages
    8,323 Likes Received
    Well played, sir. [IMG]
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,440 Messages
    8,323 Likes Received
    I won't lie. When Vick went down I want 'oh, great....now Nick Foles is going to come in and be the hero here'.

But you could see he wasn't ready. He had the one easy TD throw on a blown coverage but other than that he was a turnover waiting to happen.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,349 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Impossible to determine. I'd guess the flow of the game would've been very similar with it being a close game heading to the 4th quarter. The punt return and pick-6 could've happened with either QB in there. That ultimately was the difference in the game.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,474 Messages
    6,183 Likes Received
    I thought the same thing. "Now we're going to have to overcome the emotional lift this guy is going to give them."

That series of plays after Foles TD on Peprah's blown coverage might end up being one that swung our season. It wouldn't have surprised anyone if we'd turtled it there. Instead, we fought back to win the game in the 4th relatively convincingly. It could end up being a big deal by recent standards.
  6. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    I thought that Ryan got a little too cute on the play.

It was a zone blitz, with Scandrick coming off the slot edge as a 4th rusher.

Spencer dropped into a zone.

Peprah had deep middle responsibility but drove on a crossing route in front of him.

One thing you have to credit Foles on was that he understood that the ball needs to come out on time.
  7. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,349 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Two plays saved that game from getting out of control. Both with Philly up 14-10.

1. Frampton recovering Dunbar's fumble

2. King Dunlap committing the 15 yd penalty negating 1st and goal from the 1 yd line.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,474 Messages
    6,183 Likes Received
    Yeah. That was *huge*. Good call.
  9. ykc

ykc Active Member

598 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Actually our defense was more agressive in pass rush as they don't have to worry about containing Vick within the pocket. The game plan to switch from running QB to a pocket Qb in regards to pash rush is easy to switch too, especially since it is a rookie QB. So Iwould say it helped our D, not sure if we wouldn't have won as punt return TD has nothing to do with Vick
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,953 Messages
    2,183 Likes Received
    ^^^This.^^^

Has Vick been less turnover prone this season?
  11. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,545 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    I agree with this. I was more worried when Vick was knocked out of the game. Vick sucks, Philly is just finding that out because I feel that there backup Fols played pretty good considering. Funny how you are now reading "Vicks concussion is worse than we thought" from Eagles camp. Interpret that to say they needed a reason and now have one to bench Vick.
  12. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,884 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I don't know if Vick is really any better then Foles at this point
  13. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,545 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    why do people do this? they bring up saving plays as if we should have been beaten badly or something. We won, it is the name of the game. Those fumble recoveries, penalties at crucial moments, even non-calls are all part of the game. We beat them unquestionably.

If you wanna play the 'if that wouldn't of happened...' game, then maybe certain players in key moments would of seen the "other" score (had those key plays not happened) and made different key plays happen. You never know what motivations there would be in different situations. That is why it is dumb to look at a game that way.
  14. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Probably. We forced them to punt several times with him in. Only reason Maclin got a TD was because Peprah blew coverage and he was wide open in the EZ.
  15. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    They still win soundly.

Just like they did.

Vick is overrated. Hasn't been good in years.

He is an overglorified RB playing QB.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,128 Messages
    4,327 Likes Received
    I'm on board with this.
  17. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is this even a serious question.

Micheal Vick has been having a rough season. And we all know down there in Philly it's real cut throat when it comes to their Qb's. Hell they complained about Mcnabb when he was playing good.

I also doubt any of you watched Foles in College. He played for the U of A Wildcats, how many of you are scouting him. I watched some of his games live and from time to time watched him on TV. He was about as average as they come.

I'm not saying we would of lost. But It surely could of been a different game.
  18. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Same Vick that shredded our defense last year and played lights coming off the cell blocks.

Have you guys considered the fact that Philly possibly has the very worst offensive line in Football and their coach is more one dimensional than Garrett.

Jeez and we complain about other fans and claim they don't know crap about Football.
  19. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They actually don't. They're rated above us.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/13/offensive-line-rankings-week-10-update/
  20. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,823 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    I agree with your disagreement, Vick had a 120+ rating in progress, we would have had far less of a chance to win had he stayed in the game.