1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does Vince Young deserve another chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CATCH17, Jan 14, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,497 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    I don't know what all of his issues are but with the skill set he has and what teams are doing with the read option I think he would be a good backup for a team that depends on the read option.
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As long as they do not bring him to Dallas I do not give a rats arse if he gets another chance are not.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,657 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    I'd like to see him get another chance just because i feel bad for the guy.
    Maybe he learned someting about life and may do it (the life side of things) better next time around.

And yes, he couuld be a so-so backup for a team that uses the R/O. All of these guys succeeding are better passers, of course. That's what makes then so tough to defend....in the short term anyway.
  4. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    no doubt he can run the read option, but his troubles fall in the passing game, i think he would be a liability.

I would say Vick has the better chance to succeed
  5. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,196 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    There have been lots of running quarterbacks in college who never got 1/10th the chance VY did. Why not give one of them a shot?
  6. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,867 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    Young reminds me of Tebow. Won a lot of games as a start and got stripped of job. I'm not apologizing for him. Just saying he reminds me.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,093 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Vince can't read defenses, throws like a girl and hasn't been interested in running the ball since James Harrison folded him up like a lawn chair.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,465 Messages
    2,156 Likes Received
    Has he earned on?

He seemed to fatten up and never was that great of a passer.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,524 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    If he can win a job, sure. If not, then no.
  10. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

975 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Young can't consistently pass the ball. His throwing motion is horrible, and he can't read a defense to save his life. He also isn't as fleet of foot as he used to be.

Maybe a team that has read option in their playbook will give him a shot, but I doubt it.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,812 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    No, he doesn't deserve another chance. Maybe he can or will get another chance, but I don't think deserve is the word I would use.