Does Vince Young deserve another chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CATCH17, Jan 14, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

31,151 Messages
    5,482 Likes Received
    I don't know what all of his issues are but with the skill set he has and what teams are doing with the read option I think he would be a good backup for a team that depends on the read option.
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As long as they do not bring him to Dallas I do not give a rats arse if he gets another chance are not.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

28,032 Messages
    5,227 Likes Received
    I'd like to see him get another chance just because i feel bad for the guy.
    Maybe he learned someting about life and may do it (the life side of things) better next time around.

And yes, he couuld be a so-so backup for a team that uses the R/O. All of these guys succeeding are better passers, of course. That's what makes then so tough to the short term anyway.
  4. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,467 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    no doubt he can run the read option, but his troubles fall in the passing game, i think he would be a liability.

I would say Vick has the better chance to succeed
  5. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,236 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    There have been lots of running quarterbacks in college who never got 1/10th the chance VY did. Why not give one of them a shot?
  6. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

6,010 Messages
    3,105 Likes Received
    Young reminds me of Tebow. Won a lot of games as a start and got stripped of job. I'm not apologizing for him. Just saying he reminds me.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,571 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Vince can't read defenses, throws like a girl and hasn't been interested in running the ball since James Harrison folded him up like a lawn chair.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

33,692 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    Has he earned on?

He seemed to fatten up and never was that great of a passer.

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

38,553 Messages
    3,994 Likes Received
    If he can win a job, sure. If not, then no.
  10. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,170 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Young can't consistently pass the ball. His throwing motion is horrible, and he can't read a defense to save his life. He also isn't as fleet of foot as he used to be.

Maybe a team that has read option in their playbook will give him a shot, but I doubt it.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,585 Messages
    2,369 Likes Received
    No, he doesn't deserve another chance. Maybe he can or will get another chance, but I don't think deserve is the word I would use.