1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dolphins expected to franchise NT Paul Soliai, (so not coming to cowboys probably)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 10, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Paul Soliai - DL - Dolphins The Dolphins are not expected to place the franchise or transition tag on free agent NT Paul Soliai.
    The DT franchise tag is $12.3-$12.5 million, and the transition tag is $9.4-$9.5 million. The Fins will miss Soliai if he walks, but they'd also seen him for three years as an underachiever before last season's contract-year breakout. Just turned 27, Soliai will attract mega-interest on the open market.
    www.rotoworld.com
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Holy smokes that's a lot of money.
  3. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Talk about overpaying. Kind of glad they are doing this so that we wouldn't be doing the same.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,846 Messages
    1,220 Likes Received
    Are you guys reading the same blurb I am?
  5. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    :laugh2: That has me a little confused as well!
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    lol, I was commenting on the franchise tag. It was around 7 or 8mil just last year and now it's all the way up to 12.5? That's nuts.

DE I can understand, but I can't believe it's that high for a DT. The thread title sure confuses matter though.
  7. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    So much for the Soliai to Dallas thing huh.:laugh2:
    That is a tad high for a DT but anything to stop other teams from signing him.
  8. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Headlines states the Expect to Tag but the Article states their not. Since the Article states their Not than it seems as though he want be Franchised or Tagged so hes open market.