1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Domain Name Registration Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by vta, Dec 5, 2012.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I've had my websites domain name registered with Network Solutions for a long time and now they're just giving me a headache and my website is down. I'm looking to getting it renewed, but definitely by them. Is there anybody else who can register a domain name and can I do it apart from NetSol?

A quick search brings up GoDaddy, but I've heard some junk about them too.
    Thanks for any info.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    I hate go daddy. The issue isn't likely network solutions but your provider. Look into host gator.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Nah it's them. They screwed up my renewal and I've since been trying to renew. I forgot my password and went through the whole 'Forgot My Password' junk and I haven't heard squat. But they sure do continue sending me offers and ads.

I'll check Gator Host, thanks big man.
  4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hover.Com

Hover may not have the cheapest registration prices on the market, but they make up for it with abundant discount codes around the web, stellar customer support—support that when you call them up, a real person answers when it rings, and hands-off domain migration from other hosts. If you're switching to Hover, they offer a transfer "valet" service, where they'll do all of the work for you and let you know when everything's done. Their control panel and management tools also earns praise for being clean and easy to use. You can see all of Hover's transfer information here https://www.hover.com/transfer_in.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Awesome thanks. I'll check it out. :)
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've used EasyDNS for well over 10 years. If you remember TuCows Downloads from way back, that was them. They are awesome. They aren't connected to some hosting provider either so you don't have to worry about the BS that places like GoDaddy and Yahoo do.

I highly recommend them.

www.easydns.com
  7. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'd never even heard of these. Thanks a lot.
  8. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Active Member

1,221 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    All I can say it I use godaddy for my personal domain and the various domains of my company. I've never had any issue with them.