1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Don Banks 1st round 1 mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 25, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    18 DT Jonathan Hankins Ohio State Jr. 6-3 320
    Hankins has been a streaky player for the Buckeyes, and Lord knows there are enough of them already in Dallas. But his talent is obvious, and recent developments (see Josh Brent, Jay Ratliff) make defensive tackle the Cowboys' obvious area. The move to a 4-3 defense in Dallas only makes addressing the tackle position all the more critical.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130124/2013-nfl-mock-draft-1/#ixzz2J2WjyOUc
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    If Hankins is available at 18 he has to be the pick. With that said, I doubt he is but it would be great if he falls that far.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,913 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I think we need a DE that can get after the passer more than DT. I mean a stud DT would be nice but name a stud DT the giants had when they won there 2 superbowls????? We need more passrush from our DE position. Right now we only have ware. We need 2 more guys. One to start and one to rotate in. So DE is a high priority in the first. But DT is second. I think ratliff stays on the team so our starters would be ratliff, hatcher, and crawford rotate in with lissy.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,702 Messages
    5,859 Likes Received
    No Jonathan Cooper in the 1st round.

I would wager that Cooper gets picked before D.J.Fluker. (Note to self: Be careful when spelling Fluker).
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received

The Giants don't run the same defense we'll be running next year, so that's a bad comparison.

Plus, both our top 2 DTs will be in prison and/or suspended next season. Not to mention one of them is starting to get old/injury prone (Ratliff). We NEED a DT.

That said... if Warmack is there when we pick we need to pick him.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,446 Messages
    6,006 Likes Received
    i doubt warmack is there and ratliff is not getting suspended.
  7. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    no way can anybody be disappointed with Hankins at 18.
    He would be a great 1 tech for this team, he can play in the backfield and be disruptive.
    If we got a solid OL in round 2 like frederick or Warford, maybe even a OT like Oboushi then its a job very well done imo
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,285 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Fluker scares me. He's carrying about 30 lbs more weight than he needs to.
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,126 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    I would be okay with this. I think he'll be gone, but this would fit a need.
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I've got a huge man-crush on Warmack, but I don' see how he's a top 10 pick unless he moves to T..
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,285 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    He won't be. This happens every year. By the time the draft gets here, people will be predicting 25 guys get drafted before the 18th pick.
  12. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Didn't they say during the Sr Bowl that he was a solid 335? That he didnt look like a sloppy mess?
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,285 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    He weighed in at 355... if it was 335, I'd feel a whole lot better.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received

:starspin
  15. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Wow. Bama's website has him listed as 335. What is he doing at 355, geez?
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,511 Messages
    2,388 Likes Received
    That would surpise me too.