1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL 2012 NFL Mock Draft 7.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Apr 25, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,802 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    11 OG David DeCastro Stanford Sr. 6-5 310
    I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the first-round trading game starts with the Chiefs slot, but if K.C. sticks, DeCastro represents the kind of solid, no-brainer selection that will never come back to haunt general manager Scott Pioli. I keep hearing the Chiefs could move down and target Dontari Poe, but I'm not buying that theory because Poe remains someone who will require some patience in terms of his NFL development.

12 DE/OLB Melvin Ingram South Carolina Sr. 6-2 276
    The pass rush and linebacking help is where the need is the greatest in Seattle, and Ingram would address and upgrade both areas. But I could also see Seattle vacating this slot, trading down with a team eager to come up to get Michael Floyd, Michael Brockers or Mark Barron.

13 WR Michael Floyd Notre Dame Sr. 6-3 224
    While the Cardinals would go for a Cordy Glenn or a Riley Reiff if they were drafting by a need-first approach, they'll be instead pleasantly surprised that a playmaker like Floyd has fallen to them. That'll make Larry Fitzgerald happy, and if you think Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals front office don't care about that, you haven't been paying attention.

14 DT Michael Brockers LSU Soph. 6-6 306
    I feel strangely confident that Brockers, Mark Barron and Dontari Poe will be the next three players off the board in some order, but I can't quite decide the order. In the end, the Cowboys' need for a disruptive front seven player nudged me away from Barron, and while Dallas is said to love the potential-laden Poe, Brockers is more NFL-ready from day one.

15 S Mark Barron Alabama Sr. 6-2 218
    Having just moved to the Philly area earlier this year, I'd love to nail this pick and impress the new neighbors. I think the Eagles lean toward Barron over Poe, but I'm pretty sure they'd be content with either. If it comes down to a choice between Brockers and Barron, that's where it gets sticky. But I believe I'd still have Andy Reid taking Barron in that scenario.

16 DT Dontari Poe Memphis Sr. 6-5 350
    I could see where the Jets might be easily convinced to take Alabama defensive end-outside linebacker Courtney Upshaw in this scenario. New York needs his 3-4 edge rush ability in its front seven. But Rex Ryan is intrigued with Poe's vast potential and you get the sense some team is going to fall in love with him right here in the middle of the teens.

17 CB Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama Jr. 6-3 192
    (From Oakland). The Bengals feel like they've neglected their defense to some degree in recent drafts, but they've got some good choices here to correct that trend. We're going with Kirkpatrick given Cincy's need at cornerback, but pass rushers Quinton Coples and Chandler Jones probably look very tempting to Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer.

18 DE/OLB Chandler Jones Syracuse Sr. 6-5 265
    This is right about where I see a mini-run on pass rushers starting, and Jones may be the hottest name among them. Though he didn't crack my first round until the 4.0 version, in the first week of April, scouts say his game tapes have marked him a first-rounder all along. The Chargers are desperate for some edge pass-rush production in their front seven.

19 DE Quinton Coples North Carolina Sr. 6-6 285
    Everybody seems to think the Bears are in the market for another pass rusher to help lighten the load on Julius Peppers, so why not go out and land his fellow Tar Heel? He's the most accomplished sack artist at North Carolina since Peppers went second overall in 2002.

20 DE/OLB Whitney Mercilus Illinois Jr. 6-4 254
    I'm not convinced the Titans are in love with the one-year wonder of a pass rusher from Illinois, so maybe they're a candidate to trade down and out of this spot. But if they stand pat and take the pick, pass rush and cornerback are their two needs, and the top three cover men are all gone. Mercilus has potential, but because he hasn't proven more over the span of his collegiate career, he comes with a boom-bust warning.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...012.nfl.mock.draft.7/index.html#ixzz1t4eYUBtm
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I doubt we'd let the egirls get barron, so we could get brockers.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,660 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Would rather have Barron in this scenario and I hope the Cowboys would rather have Barron in this scenario.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,099 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    The one thing that stuck with me was when he said he actually moved to the Philly area.

Who does that?
  5. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No possible way we ever pass on Barron.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

59,660 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Masochists with self esteem issues?
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    People who love sweatpants and cheesesteaks.
  8. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    people who like losing
  9. BrAinPaiNt

59,660 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    What if you like daisy dukes and tacos?
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone really think Barron will last to pick 16? fact is if we are targeting Barron, we will move up, probably top ten to make the pick.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nashville. Antioch area to be exact. :D
  12. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,176 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    I think we move up 10-12 to secure Barron..trade a 2013 3rd or a 2012 4th
  13. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If you find out let me know so I can move there. :D
  14. BrAinPaiNt

59,660 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Got a friend that lives there (Antioch)...might have to make a visit some time. Play guitars, eat tacos and sit back and enjoy the daisy duke view.:laugh2:
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, get a view of them going because the view when they are coming at ya isn't all that great.

And if you do make a trip let me know. We'll grab a bite. My treat!
  16. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    no way he does, we will most likely move up to snag him.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The thing is, I personally want DeCastro. That said, Barron would be a great add to the team. Regardless of who we pick, even if I'm not thrilled with it, he'll be a Cowboy and I will say he was the best pick in the draft. What can I say? I'm a fan. :D
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,604 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  19. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,295 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao: