1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Don Banks mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    In his scenario Decastro is still there but Ingram and Upshaw are gone.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/01/26/mock-draft/index.html#ixzz1kh5HGzbD
  2. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,385 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    In that scenario I would take decastro.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Absolutely, and grab Boykins in Rd 2, something along those lines. Dont trust Jenkins at 14, knucklehead.
  4. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,518 Messages
    280 Likes Received
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    It's lazy journalism to say the Cowboys aren't too skittish about maturity issues. Clearly they have Dez Bryant in mind when they say that but Dez didn't have substance issues. So this doesn't really apply to Jenkins' situation.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Somebody is gonna over draft him, may as well be the Skins.
  7. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I would either take DeCastro, or trade down if possible and draft Brockers.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Somehow the Pats end up with Brockers and Hightower in this mock at the end of round 1. I'd rather do that than what the Cowboys did.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,824 Likes Received
    ^
    This.
  10. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,975 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Right! Garrett has already stated that he wants smart guys, not boneheads. The kid will never wear a star unless he's a guest sheriff at the Little Buckaroo Pizza Saloon.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,510 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I would love Janoris Jenkins but I don't think Garrett would do it.

If the draft falls like this, I would trade back and get Hightower and a extra second. Hightower will go much ealier than this draft has him.
    Cinnicinnati or St.Louis might want to trade up if there is a player they like at 14.

Then get either Minnifield, Gilmore, Hosley, or Boykin in the 2nd and a OG/C with the other 2nd.
  13. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,607 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    You grab DeCastro at #14.

Ingram and Upshaw will probably be gone by then.

Buffalo is sure to take one of them.
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    Plus 2. God it just makes so much sense to me :laugh2:
  15. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no way that Trent Richardson falls that far. Richardson looks like a top 5 talent and a top 10 pick for sure. Richardson was the best player in the SEC, and he was Alabama's best player.

I'm sure not spending the 14th pick on Jenkins due to the big risk that he presents, imo. I'd want Gilmore (from South Carolina) to rise into the discussion at 14. Gilmore goes at 23 in this mock.
  16. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will say this about Janoris Jenkins. I seem to recall him playing really good against A.J. Green and Julio Jones, two big top 10 picks. He would be a good answer to Victor Cruz in the slot and the Eagles WRs, especially.

I like him as a player, but all the other stuff worries me.

Do you want this guy in your locker room?

Can you trust this guy?

He had it made down in Florida and blew it. He probably would have come out last year and been a top 20 pick, but he found himself in trouble, again.

I really like the talent, but I don't trust him at all. I'm not sure you want him in your locker room at all. Is he going to be a bad influence?
  17. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    In this scenario I take DeCastro.....don't want a CB in the first. Rather sign a proven CB like Carr and draft DeCastro.
  18. rester

rester Benched

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well you could take any of this guys IMO

17 Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    20 David DeCastro, G, Stanford.
    24 Cordy Glenn, OG-OT, Georgia
    27 Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
    29 Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    32 Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

but I tell you if Jenkins is there I don't see us passing on him

we can get a OG later
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,878 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    1st ROFL at all the armchair GMs so heartily knocking Jenkins off-field stuff.

We know next to nothing about his attitude or issues. He could be truly scum or just be a guy who rolled a joint in a club bathroom and paid for it. He wasn't exactly Sam Hurding it. Did he get chances at Florida? Yup. Did he continue to smoke weed? Yup. But we had half the 90's SB teams acknowledging smoking weed. Many were never ever as much as fined. I'd prefer guys who didn't mess with anything illegal at all but I am probably not taking this guy completely off the board over it.

This guy started 36 games at Florida. He had better stats against Julio and AJ then even Patrick Peterson.

All NFL teams need to strongly investigate the guy then interview him. We can't do either here so should remain neutral.
  20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,839 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    i usually agree with you jt but not this time

dont want any troublemakers on this team with the ultimate enabler (JJ) in charge and a HC who preaches discipline but cant seem to walk the walk in the dept (see fining Dez 100,000 over the year and then not making him pay the fine :rolleyes: )