1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Don't Buy Tour Packages From Maximum Sports Connection

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BlueStar3398, Dec 25, 2012.

1. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Just thought I would post this so other Cowboys fans don't lose their money. Several people paid money in advance to attend the Cowboys/Steelers game and Maximum Sports did not deliver on game day.

Is Maximum Sports Connection just the ticket? Not hardly, clients say
    Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/23/4505558/is-maximum-sports-connection-just.html#storylink=cpy

http://khou.mlnwap.com/article.html?hash=/54689/28386c2a9889ad275f7c7ae8c4694c83/

2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
  3. dallasfan4evr

dallasfan4evr Member

118 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Surprised to hear about this. I have used this company a few time, and never had any issues...
  4. BlueStar3398

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I bought tickets a few years ago when the Cowboys were 6-10. Picked them up at the tailgate. No problems, but it was a game with low attendence.

I thought I would warn fans because I had no idea this was happening with Maximum Sports either. Their website says they are taking "deposits" on the 2013 season. I don't want to see any fans lose their money. The fans from Houston paid for their tickets way back in March and Maximum Sports did not deliver on gameday. :eek:
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Okay. I am going to add my two cents on this.

A few years ago I went to Texas Stadium and uses Star Sports Tours. At the time Maximum was the official Cowboys travel partner. I went with Star Sports because one of the members here Cowboy Dan works for them and I had some conversations with him and felt comfortable with him. We went for the full package and had a fantastic time.

This year we decided to make the trip to see this very game, the Steelers. My friend who was going is a pastor and we had to do this on a bit of a budget so I checked on pricing. Maximum is also a member here so I checked them out. They were a bit less than Star but not by much.

My friend and I decided to go with Maximum Sports. Just after I made the decision and put the deposit down, I was made aware of some other concerns with them and just like this. Checked the BBB and indeed there were many complaints of this very type. I called Roni and she said she would NOT refund my money.

Since I used my AX card they said they would work on getting it refunded. I called Roni once more and explained why I had concerns and she assured me this wouldn't happen again and it was just a one time thing. But after reading a lot of the complaints I wasn't satisfied. AX refunded my money and I went with Star Sports Tours. I am so glad I did because the experience was first rate. I have never heard a single complaint regarding Dan's company and should have gone with what I knew was the best from the start.

I cannot tell you how glad I am after reading this that we made the decision we did.

If anyone has any questions about my experience with Star Sports Tours just let me know in a PM. They are great and HIGHLY recommended.
  6. BlueStar3398

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm really glad you got your money back! Apparently it is not a one time deal with her. She is not telling the truth. She should not take any money if she doesn't have the tickets. That's just wrong. And to offer these people a $29 party pass when they paid $300? Ridiculous. When I saw that she was taking "deposits" on 2013, I thought I better warn people.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    To be clear, she did not give me my money back. When AX contacted her, she refused to talk with them about it. After several attempts, as a matter of policy, AX just refunded it and charged her account back for it. It wasn't like she was going to do it on her own.
  8. BlueStar3398

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Wow... Well I'm glad AX charged it back.

Several fans have seen these news articles and posted on her Maximum Sports Connection Facebook page. The comments have been deleted and they were blocked from the FB page.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Figures.
  10. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    I plan on going to a game next season. Thanks for this info.
  11. DA FAN

DA FAN Active Member

1,081 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess I should consider myself lucky.

I bought a package from her for the Aikman HOF back in 2006.

Upon check-in to the hotel in Ohio, she was giving us Tshirts. Mine was too small and she said she would mail me one. 12 years later, and I'm still waiting on it.

Our package also should've included tickets for a concert that was held Saturday night at the rib bbq contest/festival. When I asked about the tickets, she said she never promised tickets to the concert. I let it go cause I really didn't care about the band that was playing. It was the principle of the the matter that I asked about the tickets.

I guess like with anything else, they start off getting away/ripping off people with small things. Next thing they are ripping people off hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I hope they take legal action against her. It's just wrong to do that to anyone.
  12. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,178 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Co-sign. Been there ... done that ... got the (partial) refund to prove it.
  14. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Thanks for the kind words Rob, it was great seeing you at the Steelers game tailgate party!

I can't stand seeing Maximum (cowboysportstours.com) treat Cowboys fans this way, but it's become the norm for them. But then again, they're not really true Cowboys fans themselves: http://www.maxtoursandtravel.com/pittsburgh-steelers.htm They sell Steelers packages too. :rolleyes:

Star Sports Tours is the only Official Fan Travel Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
    www.starsportstours.com

This is our 15th year in business and we have an A+ Accredited rating with the Better Business Bureau because we take care of our customers. Any fans looking for an incredible Dallas Cowboys experience should feel free to contact me via PM or email: dan@starsportstours.com , or call our office toll free 877-589-1546 and ask for Dan. We have an incredible selection of game tickets, tours of Valley Ranch, Player Meet & Greets, Tailgate Parties with Cowboys Legends, Stadium Tours and so much more. None of our competitors can match the experience we provide.
    Irving Cowboy likes this.
  15. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received

This is a quote from their website:
    There will only be 50 packages sold per game due to ticket availability.

That is not something you'll see on our website. We took over 500 people to the Cowboys v Steelers game.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If you are thinking about 2013 and starting to plan for a game at Cowboys stadium, here is a list of who we play next year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4703937/refresher-on-cowboys-2013-foes

IRVING, Texas – Back in July we brought to you the Cowboys’ 2013 opponents, so maybe it is time to refresh the memory after five months.

In addition to their NFC East foes, the Cowboys will play Green Bay, Minnesota, Denver, Oakland and a corresponding NFC West team at Cowboys Stadium next year.

On the road, the Cowboys will face Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, San Diego and a corresponding NFC South team.

More....
  17. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,607 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    This has become normal operating procedure for Max Sports. It started 2 years ago and Ronni continues to run her business like she's playing a game of Monopoly. Her employees are brainwashed into spouting the company line if they want anything to do with the Cowboys. If there is any good that comes of this, it will be that she'll be out of business shortly.
  18. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Dan you should hook up with Joe Covino he does a lot of stuff with current and former players for Pictures/shows etc... He is always on the sidelines taking photo's for them. I know he was doing stuff with Max, not sure if he still is. But he is a great dude and would be a great guy to hook up with. just an FYI. I will get you his company name, maybe he can help expand your experience.
  19. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,607 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Joe is a good dude. Known him a long time. He doesn't work FOR Max Sports, he's smarter than that. But he does have friendly ties with them.
  20. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I have known Joe since I was 14 He has been like an older brother to me since we met. I never said he worked for Max I said he did something for them. He is a great dude and very smart. I love him like a brother. He is very close with my family. We all met in 94 for the KC game on Thanks Giving.