1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Don't Buy Tour Packages From Maximum Sports Connection

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BlueStar3398, Dec 25, 2012.

1. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Exactly! Something smells a little fishy here......:nono2:
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's just it. Star Sports had been fantastic and the people we hooked up with on both trips were all loads of fun. And frankly, going through them isn't all that expensive. Consider the cost of the game tickets (Seats were real good) hotel, transportation, food and the tailgate party, not to mention the tour of the stadium and the autographs, it really was a sweet deal.
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Nice first post.

:laugh2:
  4. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received

:laugh2: :laugh2:
  6. CowboyDan

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
  7. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    I was thinking about buying one of these deals because I've never been to a game, so THANK YOU. Anyone scamming fellow Cowboys fans are scum, I will not use Max
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    yea, it kinda made mr happy run for cover...
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Thanks Ronni. First and last post?

Btw try spell check next time, let me guess you met Jason Whitten?!
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  11. Bigsmittie

Bigsmittie New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was my first post (not sure why that is relevant) and I am certainly not Ronni. Not sure why people are going after me here. I just offered up an alternative experience. (I also did not use spell check as I did not know how to navigate the editor functions.) I had been following the thread and just thought it was time to get my feet wet and add my 2 cents. It's easy to jump on the band wagon and ***** and moan. I did not meet any players at the games I went to. There were past players at the pregame but no one I was familiar with. I am thinking this is not the right place to offer up an opinion which the herd may not like.
  12. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    when you see a fuzzy red underline under something, FYI, it's misspelled. right click and pick the correct spelling from options.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,604 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    wavy not fuzzy..... just saying. :)
  14. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    My bad fuzzy. :)
  15. BlueStar3398

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Even if you weren't one of the people that got ripped off, don't you feel for the people that did? :confused: I don't get these people that sing her praises when they know very well that she ruined Cowboys gameday for several fans that traveled thousands of miles to there! That would be enough for me not to ever use that service again! What about those people? One lady worked at Target and saved her money for months to be able to go. She LOST all of her money! Doing people that way is just wrong!
  16. CowboyDan

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Still going...

No seats, no refunds for Cowboys fans from afar
    BYRON HARRIS
    Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:57:46 CST
    WFAA
    NEWS 8 INVESTIGATES
    "Cowboy Fans Welcome. Others Not Allowed"
    That's what the sign hanging over the door of the den at the Fuller house in Memphis, Tennessee says.
    For a decade, the annual event for the Fullers and dozens of friends has been a junket from Memphis to North Texas to see a Cowboys game.
    "Starting in January, we start planning for the next year," Kevin Fuller said.
    In 2012, it was supposed to be Cowboys vs. Steelers in December.
    After forking over $10,500 to Maximum Sports Connection in three installments, 42 Fullers and friends arrived at Cowboys Stadium in their chartered bus on December 16, after spending the previous night in a hotel.
    Katherine Fuller, the matriarch of the family who arranged the trip, said when the group arrived at the Maximum Sports tailgate party, a Maximum employee told her, "You don't have any tickets. You got a choice. You can get all your money back. Or you can get standup passes (Party Passes) and a ticket to next year's game."
    No one accepted the Party Pass.
    As for the next year's game promise, many of the Pittsburgh fans on the bus found that unacceptable, because the Steelers play the Cowboys only once every four years, and the two wouldn't meet in Dallas for another eight years.
    And the Fullers weren't the only ones turned away.
    "I counted 10 buses," said Darryl Eason, who was on the Fullers' bus. "I went and asked a bus driver that was already there. He said, 'They don't have no tickets for you all, because they didn't have any for us.'"
    A map of fans who say they were left seat-less by Maximum Sports stretches across the country: Los Angeles, Albuquerque, El Paso, Houston, San Antonio, Canada, Chicago, Louisville, Pennsylvania and even a couple from France.
    "People would get off the bus. Go around and talk to the [Maximum] guy. Get on the bus, turn around and leave," Eason said.
    The Fuller group suspects Maximum Sports owner Ronni Sokol sold their tickets to someone else as the Pittsburgh-Dallas game became more important in the season.
    "That's exactly what happened," Kevin Fuller said.
    Sokol declined to be interviewed on camera by News 8; nor would she disclose where her office is located. She said she "lost control of the Steeler game," something she's "never done before."
    She said she wasn't sure how many people she sold tickets for the game, but would get back to us with the exact number.
    She did not.
    Sokol told us some complainants in Houston had received refunds.
    We contacted them. They had not.
    Sokol told us the Fullers were told before the game they would only get Party Pass tickets, and she'd promised to provide a signed receipt from Katherine Fuller to prove Ms. Fuller had agreed to it.
    Sokol did not produce the receipt.
    Sammy Irving, who was one of the fans in the Fullers' bus, finds it difficult to believe the incident was all an unfortunate mistake.
    "I think it was greed," he said. "She saw us coming, and once we left Dallas, we weren't going to contact her any more."
    The geographic spread of the victims has made it difficult for law enforcement agencies. Arlington police and the Texas Attorney General say they haven't received enough complaints to begin action yet.
    Maximum Sports Connection still has an active website, selling tickets for the 2013-14 Cowboys season.
    E-mail bharris@wfaa.com
  17. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,743 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I would think that just the 42 complaints from the Fuller party would be enough to launch an official investigation.

This woman could be in serious trouble if someone charges her with mail fraud for defrauding people across state lines.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Man, that's what I thought as well. Not to mention Credit Card fraud. I literally feel like this guy since I ALMOST went them before changing to Star Sports Travel.

[IMG]
  19. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    This lady is messed up! Man I can't believe the articles and how she hasn't had charges pressed against her for false advertising and theft. How she has been able to get away with this is beyond crazy. I know if these people paid with CC they can file a fraud claim and get their money back and let the CC company go after her. She has taken something great and turned it into a headache. I feel so bad for these people and I hope she doesn't get a chance to screw over anyone else. I would spit on her if I ever saw her again she makes me sick.
  20. BlueStar3398

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    She told the media that she refunded the money. She is lying!

What is she doing with all the money? I heard that she also owes hotels and companies that provide bus transportation money too.