1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dont expect a big game from Romo Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Champsheart, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,560 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    If Hayden plays the Browns defense is little mis-leading when looking at their pass defense.

Theirs last 3 games they have held Luck, Rivers, and Flacco under 190 yards. Should be interesting
  2. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,483 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    I view Romo as a better QB than the 3 you listed. Unless we someone manage to get a running game, I fully expect Romo to exceed 190 yards passing.
  3. ksadler1

ksadler1 Member

52 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Don't know much about Luck, but Rivers stinks and I've NEVER been impressed with Flacco. I'd take Romo over either one.....
  4. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I expect a huge game from Romo. lol A good corner isnt going to stop Romo from throwing the ball.
  5. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Active Member

178 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    One corner wont slow down romo. 5 guys chasing him around like a pack of wolves might..
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,963 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    Considering we seem to be committed to balance, even when the running game isn't working, I won't be surprised if he's under 300 again.

Then again, I won't be surprised if he lights it up.
  7. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    That's partly because teams are running the ball down their throats. In 7 of 9 games they've allowed over 100 yards. 243 yards to the Giants. 137 or more to the Eagles, Colts and Ravens.

Their run defense fell off a cliff right after they lost NT Ahtyba Rubin in week 7. After that, their run D went from bad to terrible. 4 of the 7 run TDs they've given up have been in the last 3 games. In those 3 games, they've allowed an average of 134 yards on the ground and teams are running a ton. The Colts, a passing team, ran the ball 37 times.

Why put a lot of effort into passing when you can hammer them all day on the ground?

I think I'll start Felix Jones in fantasy football this weekend....
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,869 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Don't care about Romos stats, long as they get the W.
  9. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,276 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    I expect a fairly low scoring, close game, til the 4th quarter when Dallas usually rises to the top. Ok, I almost said that with a straight face.
  10. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,398 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I know this is a fantasy question, but it has to do with this topic (how Romo will do statistically) so I will post it here. Who do you guys think will have a bigger game statistically this weekend, Romo or Freeman?
  11. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,276 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Freeman has been so hot the last 5 weeks you almost have to go with him in my opinion. Hes out scored Romo in our league by almost 50 points this season.
  12. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,079 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    what a shame we do not have murray this week. i have no faith in jones or any of the other rbs to really put up a good game. the cowboys are going to have to throw to win this game. the best jones will do against this defense is 16 for 70 yards. jones cannot carry more than that. murray would have atleast 25 for 125 or more easily.
  13. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually expect the browns to win......

something like 20-16.......i see Dallas overlooking them
  14. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,376 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Won't happen.
  15. Bevo

Bevo Member

54 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Even with Haden, the Browns D has been getting destroyed on the road. I think Romo will play pretty well. Especially the way we have been playing lately.
  16. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    That's a close call. Statistically, the Panthers have performed very well over the last several weeks on defense, and they get a lot of turnovers (10 in the last 6 games), and they limited Peyton Manning to 14 points last week, his lowest total since week 2. Also, consider that Freeman only put up 10 points against Carolina earlier this year.

I'm not sure Romo's a much better option, though, because I think the Cowboys are going to try to run quite a bit, and Romo hasn't put up a lot of numbers this year. Combine that with the Cowboys tendancy to play down to the opponent's level, and Romo might not do much, though if Haden doens't play, this might be his best game of the year, you just never know with the Cowboys.

Freeman is the better performer, but Romo has the better matchup.
  17. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Murray would have 12 carries for 31 yards, and leave game hurt.
    If Felix gets 15 - 18 carries, he will bust 100 yes.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,883 Messages
    7,314 Likes Received
    I don't see why Felix can't have a good game this week. The Browns are hardly a stingy run defense.

I'd run a ton of draws.