1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Don't forget the call and the non-call

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by OhSnap, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

625 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    We dp seem to get the best from our opponents when these gimmie games show up
  2. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,865 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    Completely correct, but the saying-

"Those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it"

Is absolutely factual.

Whether it's Friday, or Sunday, or Wednesday...
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Biggest non call in the game was where Claiborne got mugged on the Johnson long gain was in position to make the tackle.
    Carharris2 and OhSnap like this.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,156 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    Grabbing an arm is holding....right?
  5. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

735 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Yes. He caught back up to him anyway. Would've caught him at about mid field if not for the blatant continuous hold.
    Maybe hurt his hamstring too.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    You can make all the excuses you want to - you can't give up 5 million yards per game and start pointing the finger elsewhere.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Dont think any of us are making excuses. The honest fans know this defense sucks and that most of the coaches and players need to go. Just amazed at the non call that most of saw at game speed, that a crew of officials missed. Claibornes jersey literally being torn off.
  8. Carharris2

735 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Yes. Those who don't think the refs were a problem are more noble and better fans. Congtrats you don't like to blame officials.
    There are several reasons why we lost. I think there has been many bad calls against us the last few years. I didn't always feel this way and don't know when exactly it started. I do feel this way now.
    The history of the calls against the Cowboys since the dynasty was over has been very out of balance in my opinion.
    Giving up 5 million yards is an excuse too.
  9. Sarge

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    The numbers are the numbers - they are factual. Being the worst pass defense in the league is not an excuse at this point. It's a reason.
  10. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,045 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    I went back and watched the TWill "inadvertent contact" play a few times. Terrance had the defender beat, and was between the defender and the ball. There was no way for the defender to get to the ball without climbing over him. That has to be pass interference, regardless of whether the tripping looked intentional or not.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  11. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    That don't make it alright to flag one team for tripping and not the other one.
  12. Carharris2

735 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Calling the game inconsistent with the rules is a reason. We have gotten blatant poor calls. Same Pi play went against us both ways. Flowers pushes Dez Dez gets called for pi. Ware and others tackled. That's a few this year. Those are reasons just like our poor defense. No there not even close to balanced out.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,944 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    blame refs, sleep better.
  14. Sarge

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    I didn't say it was.