1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dontay Moch

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheDallasDon, Feb 28, 2011.

1. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,479 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Dude is physically off the charts, what round is he expected to get drafted? Can he play OLB?
  2. cbow44

cbow44 Member

594 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I thought late 3rd or early 4th. but I bet its a lot earlier now!
  3. TheDallasDon

2,479 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Idk much about the kid but I would draft in the 3rd or 4th not sure if I would before that
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Sadly enough, if you know Moch or are familiar with his work his 40 time today was actually disappointing.

I'm willing to bet he pushes the 4.41 to sub 4.4 time at his pro-day.
  5. TheDallasDon

2,479 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    That's down right crazy.........no psycho at his size

Would u take him SDogo? If so where at, and can he play OLB?
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think he will make the transition to rush OLB although he is a little stiff but for the most part any LB or DE with his speed tend to be "track" stiff.

He's a bit more of a project then I think most realize. He's going to see time early based purely on his speed and explosion.

There are also some question about his "desire". A player with his ability should of dominated at his level of play but he often lacked interest in a lot of film I watched.

I'll be honest, I see him as a better fit in a 4-3 because of ability to run and that he would be more protected.

His stock is all over the place right now depending on who you ask. I think he will settle in mid part of Round 3.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's definitely a physical specimen and a workout warrior, but that's no surprise.

He's actually not that impressive of a player. The team that drafts him has a project on their hands. He's almost a man without a position; at roughly 6'1" 240ish, he's a bit stiff and doesn't exhibit much of a pass rush repitiore at all.

He's a chase and pursuit type of player more than a stack n' shed. Many of the criticisms I have for Von Miller are the same I would apply to Moch.

He's definitely an intriguing athlete that I wouldn't mind taking a shot at if available in the 4th round. He actually reminds me of a less physical Kevin Burnett in some respects.

[youtube]1PT3GoRCKY8[/youtube]
  8. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nothing to see here.

His name use to be Jason Williams.
  9. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Moch ran, by far, the fastest 40-yard dash time among defensive linemen Monday at 4.44 seconds. Carter rank the second-fastest time at 4.62.

Moch also led all defensive linemen in the vertical jump at 42 inches (five inches higher than Wisconsin's J.J. Watt) and the broad jump 10 feet, 8 inches (six inches farther than Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan).

Read more: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/20...combine_kaiserman_still_discuss#ixzz1FJY4TUzx
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,214 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received
    I like Moch. Check his tackles for loss. He makes plays.