1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Doug Free?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 18, 2012.

1. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dockery was the issue on most of the plays the typical mouth breathing fan noticed.

Even when he was beaten badly outside, you could almost see the gears spinning thinking pass off stunt coming. He was beaten inside expecting help.

I haven't reviewed the game but to the naked eye, Dockery might have had the worse blocking game of any Dallas player this year.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,454 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    Doug Free has a lot of technique issues.

I don't know if he is in terrible shape or what but he is getting beat because of pooooooor technique.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,151 Messages
    4,252 Likes Received
    all i've read is that he's a very hard worker. he just sucks, plain and simple.
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    IMO, Free should be put on the bench when Tyron is back. Until then he can battle the RT spot out with Cook.

We should sign Holland and cut Dockery.

Then we should put up an open competition between Bern and Killer at Center. Then take the loser of that competition and make him compete with Holland for the spot at OG.

I actually think a lineup of:

Smith Livings Costa/Killer Bern/Holland Parnell

could be average.

But Free and Dockery need to be off the field ASAP. It is remarkable that we could score 23 points with those guys on the field without a return TD somewhere in there.
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,128 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Dockery is terrible and has been terrible since signing with Dallas. It's amazing he made it thru an entire training camp without being exposed enough to warrant a release. He's big, slow and has no power.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,729 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    RT IMO is the team's biggest need in the draft.

Free is just awful. Pure garbage. Him and Dockery together is a nightmare
  7. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,875 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Dierdorf said it best while watching Free on a replay:

"That's just inferior play."

Free is really, really bad.
  8. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,645 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    This is a very good statement and accurate, he has to feel like crap in film study each week. He's struggling big time.
  9. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,651 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    If "deserving" were a criteria, there wouldn't be very many left. O-line, D-line, WRs, safeties, would all be decimated.
  10. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,420 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    no he doesn't because he is not held accountable for his poor play. Garrett, even if he wanted to, can't bench him or punish him because Jerry gave him a big contract, so Jerry will play him no matter what. That's the way it has always been with Jerry.
  11. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,128 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Is Cook close to returning to the lineup? Having Free and Dockery together on the right side is a joke.
  12. Mansta54

9,645 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Oh you're so wrong my friend, it has nothing to do with his contract, its all about playing for your teammates and I guarantee he feels like crap. I've sat in film study after a bad game and its not fun at all. You the fan, is thinking about his contract and money but Free the OT is thinking bout picking up his QB again cause his man just beat him again.
  13. Mr Cowboy

8,420 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    nope, its about the money and Jerry. Free knows he won't get benched. So do all of the other front line starters. When was the last time you saw a Cowboy player get replaced for shoddy play? Barber, William (both of them), Newman, etc.... If you ever listen to any of the shows in the Dallas radio market, they all talk about it.
  14. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Wasn't Tree benched for a bit before he was injured?
  15. Mr Cowboy

8,420 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    I meant front line players!
  16. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    He's thinking about that and the 8 million guaranteed that Jerry gave him in the last contract (or whatever it was).

Marginally talented players must love Dallas.
  17. Mansta54

9,645 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Naw that's your beef with Jerry, I wasn't talking about that. My point was how Free feels in film study watching his QB get hit cause of his man. He's not thinking about money there, he's thinking about his teammates, his play, and his QB. Anybody who has been in that situation with your peers watching while breaking down game film knows what I'm talking about.
  18. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,180 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    You have to remember this is the same brain trust that thought Brad Johnson was still a competent QB.
  19. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Round 4/Pick 122 Nuff said. Time to actually draft real college Olineman. Not a guy from Northern Illinois. Maybe he can be better at G? IDK
  20. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I think Costa and Smith are okay to continue. Costa has looked really good in limited time this year. His run blocking has been excellent and pass blocking better than average.

I think Parnell could step in at RT after some playing time. He's improved quite a lot in his time here. Need better guards...