1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Dish: Jake Locker moving back up draft boards

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 27, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Draft Dish: Jake Locker moving back up draft boards
    Russ Lande Sporting News
    Sporting News draft expert Russ Lande and his team of former NFL scouts identify the players whose stock is rising and falling for the 2011 NFL draft:

On the rise
    1. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado. He continues to excel in man-to-man coverage and, more important, is playing better off the ball. Smith is reading routes quickly and reacting to the pass, closing in a blink to break up passes. He is not a top-level hitter in run support, but he shows more of a willingness now to come up and tackle.

2. Jake Locker, QB, Washington. He has had an up-and-down senior season. He entered the '10 season as a probable top-10 pick but then struggled in the first few games. Since, Locker definitely has improved and is now back on track to go in the top of the draft. He remains a project as a pocket passer, going through his progressions and making the correct decision and accurate pass. Still, he shows excellent leadership skills and intangibles in carrying Washington to some huge come-from-behind wins.

3. Niles Paul, WR/RET, Nebraska. Before the season, there were questions about his speed and ability to make big plays. In '10, he has shown better quickness as a receiver and return man. He can be a go-to receiver and make tough catches in key situations.

Paul (6-1, 215) has good size, strength, elusiveness and open-field running ability. He runs through hits, gains yardage after contact and makes would-be tacklers miss. He now is a second-round prospect who could move up with strong pre-draft workouts.

On the decline
    1. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado.
    2. Adrian Taylor, DT, Oklahoma.
    3. Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska. Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/fee...ker-moving-back-up-draft-boards#ixzz13YvOqc8R
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,391 Messages
    1,258 Likes Received
    I'm not overly impressed with Locker. I sure wouldnt make him the top pick.
  3. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,126 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be upset if we got him in the 2nd round to groom behind Romo.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    He's awful. I am in Pac 10 country and see a lot of their games. I do not get why he is hyped. Luck from Stanford I get. Locker, not so much.
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    heres another CB to watch

Jalil Brown CB, Colorado 6-1 #205 #23

TV has replayed the Buffs last 2 games he has impressed me
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i dont like locker either, but Luck, im high on, dont be surprised if cowboys might take Luck if cowboys have 1st or 2nd overall pick next year Hostile

maybe devaju or however you spell that again, like we drafted troy aikman first overall in 89 as impact qb