1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Draft Game-Tape Breakdowns: Rd 3 - JJ Wilcox - Safety - Georgia Southern

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, May 20, 2013.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
    Draft Game-Tape Breakdowns: Rd 3 - JJ Wilcox - Safety - Georgia Southern

BOB STURM

he following is the 4th in a series of draft profiles for the Dallas Cowboys' selected players from April's draft. These profiles are put together after watching significant amounts of game tape from each player, and is an attempt to examine their resumes and play to get an idea of how they might fit in best with Dallas come training camp in Oxnard this summer.

JJ Wilcox
    Georgia Southern
    Safety
    6'0, 213
    40 time: 4.53, Bench Press: 17
    February 14, 1991 (Age 22)

I think we have all heard multiple times over the years that drafting is surely not an "exact science", right?

There are more than a few variables that make judging one football player against the next a very difficult process that makes most arrive at the conclusion that "they will have to wait and see" whether the Cowboys made the right decision.

And the 2013 version of that cliche will most likely center on the selection of JJ Wilcox, the man with several interesting tools in his bag, but the question of whether he is ready for his next set of challenges at the unforgiving position in the NFL that veteran QBs target to exploit. He plays safety in a passing league, and the Cowboys will be asking him to do as a starter, sooner rather than later.

FULL ARTICLE
  2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,532 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    He is my pet cat this year, I'm hoping the kid just make an impact this year.
  3. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,618 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    Too bad Ryan isn't around anymore.

Would really like to see what he'd do with this guy in his 12-13 man sets.
  4. gjdeftmv

gjdeftmv Member

40 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Taylor Heinicke looks like a ballplayer
  5. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought it was JJ Wilcox highlight but I walked away thinking the same thing.