1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Grades from Kiper & others...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,753 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    That and what are the numbers when we aren't running draws and delays to scheme movement.

When the Cowboys run it when the defense knows they're running it, what's the numbers? Laughably bad is what they are. Which is why we had a historically low number of rushing TDs last year.

I don't need a calculator to know our offensive line sucks.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,753 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    Correct. Which makes this offseason a failure.

You got the Director of Player Personnel talking about how they tried to win it last year with Alan Ball and Frank Walker on the field. That was the problem.

But he also tried to win it with Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Bill Nagy, Derrick Dockery and Kyle Kosier seeing the field too. That was the bigger problem.

He addressed secondary and ignored primary. Now we try to win it this year with Nate Livings, Phil Costa and MacKenzie Bernadeau.

I feel like Phil Connors being woken up by "I Got You, Babe" blaring out of the alarm clock.
  3. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,894 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    :laugh2: (One of the only pop songs to feature the Oboe) Only time will tell if our "new" O-Line will be an improivement. Having a savvy FB like Vickers and a healthy Murray could also help. I'm not feeling the same level of pessimism as you, but I do have concerns. Is there another shot at FA vets, or is that market all dried up? I make no claim to be an evaluator of Offesnsive Linemen, but I'd love to hear our coaching staff's candid view of the interior guys. (I don't believe I'll hear a real critical assessment, but I can always hope)
  4. cowboyfan87

cowboyfan87 New Member

7 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,499 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    We got the best defensive player in the draft and it was horrible?
  6. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think this will prove to be their best draft in years.