1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft grades from NFL Draft Rage

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Wood, May 2, 2013.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    644 Likes Received
  2. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    never understand all the hate for the Cowboys, Giants and Bears reached just as far on their 1st round picks and noone says a word about it...
  3. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Meh. Who really cares what some fifth rate website grades us?

Draft grades are useless following a draft. No one knows what is going to happen to these group of players. What matters is three years down the road.

Personally, I graded the Cowboys as a rhombus. The Vikings, I graded out as purple. As for the Bears, they graded somewhere between fresh cut grass and a squirrel.
  4. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :bow:
  5. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Rams had the best draft IMO.

Our draft has received too much hate, oh well.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    So SF gets a high grade, figured that. Let's take a look.

1st round - gave up a 3rd round pick to move up to take a safety that most had rated as a 2nd rounder.

2nd round - drafted a TE at 55 after already having Vernon Davis on the roster. We get slack for drafting one at 47 because we have Witten.

Used a pick on an injured RB with Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and LaMicheal James on the roster.

If San Fran had not made the Super Bowl last year and had this same draft, folks would be dogging it.

Past draft history should not factor into anyone's ratings, but it does. They should grade them based on where they thought the player would go and how they fit into the current team.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,574 Messages
    2,436 Likes Received
    Not only did they both reach, but they didn't get an extra third rounder out of the deal either.
  8. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    :post:
  9. pw52

pw52 Member

37 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    They lost their #2 TE to the Titans and most mock drafts i saw had Reid going to the Bengals at #21 so they reached on a 1st rounder not like us that reached on a 3rd-4th rounder in the 1st. :banghead:
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    We didn't reach for a 3rd-4th rounder, anyone who says Frederick was a 3rd or 4th round pick is wrong.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,024 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
    :clappingnoise:
  12. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    We lost our #2 TE to San Diego.

No way Fred goes in the 3rd or 4th. Middle second at the most, as some reports have said Detroit was going to take him in the 2nd. Just like Miami was going to take Escobar in the 2nd.

Last I saw Kiper and Mayock has Reid as the 3rd best safety. Reid was reach, he was not the 18th best player in the draft and that's what we are getting dinged for with Fred, folks saying he wasn't the 31st best player.

Can't have it both ways. Lots of teams reached, at least we got a 3rd round pick for it.
  13. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,982 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    this site is a joke...this was supposed to be a draft ranking/grading and they take into consideration that the team is already strong, so "B"...or that the redskins traded their picks away to get RG3,..."B"....um, no, at face value, many of the teams mentioned did not draft well

....this site will go on my "joker" list for the future....
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    Meg, D is pretty low but they are right that we drafted a lot of guys that won't contribute much this year. Just like the year before, and that led to another 8-8.
  15. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,316 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    What a garbage write up D-, come on now we had 5 guys in most everyone's big boards so how is that a D-. I'll bet all of the picks will contribute this season too.