1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Guru's what is the difference btwn:

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Jan 18, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Michael Brockers and Marcus Spears ? Are they very similar players from LSU ?:starspin
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'll go out on a limb and say different parents
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,922 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    I think Brockers might be a little more athletic than Spears is/was. Also the good thing about Brockers is that he is still very young(just turned 21) and has time to grow. Both physically and skill wise. I cant say Im as high on him as a lot of people here are. Hes still a bit of a project that may not be ready to play his rookie year. If we were picking somewhere around 20 I would be all for him, but I think there are prospects with just as much potential who are ready now at 14. Just my 2 cents...
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Even though Spears weighs more, Brockers has a bigger frame, and is more suited to possibly play the NT, but he can also play NT. Despite what the scouting reports say, Brockers doesn't provide much as a pass rusher, but excels in stuffing the run with his overwhelming power. He may be a bit more athletic and agile than Spears is. Anyone that gets him will be drafting off of potential instead of production. I'm not a big fan of his early in the 1st round for this reason. The only scenario where I'd want him is if we trade down somehow and acquire multiple late-first round or very early second round picks.
  5. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    brockers compares more to red bryant to me. The kid can play as a big DE in a 4-3 that can rush the passer thinks to his quick first step and power for a big d-lineman. I think he will be a heck of a 3-4 DE if you have a good d-line coach. Brockers need technique work. He might not make an impact as a rookie but once he learns watch out.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    This is the best line of thinking that I have seen concerning Brockers .
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    The real question is how does Brockers compare to JJ Watt. If the comparison is favorable, then MAYBE Brockers is in play but if not, then he shouldn't even be a consideration.