1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Needs/Wants

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rickster14, Apr 21, 2012.

1. rickster14

rickster14 Member

143 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What do yu really want for the Boys in the draft? As for me, I hope Garrett can convince Jerry to stick to the board and not reach for anyone.

I only want to trade down IF our board has multiple players left who are all rated the same.

I see these as the biggest holes on the team: S, C, 3rd WR, DL, OLB, CB, TE. If we go BPA with each pick, one would think we could fill the holes. I could be happy with any of the names (DeCastro, Barron, a DE/DT) being thrown around. My top two wishes would be Barron (we have been ignoring the S position for way too long) or DeCastro (and put either Bernadeau or him at C). If we do trade down, I hope it is because we see value in someone like Konz.

I do worry about the Dline b/c we haven't had much production outside of Ratliff. Lissemore has shown potential, but we need more.

Just a few thoughts. Thanks for reading.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,143 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    I really want both lines improved and find another pass rusher opposite DWare.

A slot receiver who could return kicks would be nice as well.
  3. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,446 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Pretty much sums it up for me. Get stronger in the trenches and improve the pass rush. A slot guy/returner would certainly help.