1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

draft on online radio?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jswalker1981, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Does anyone know where I can find the draft streaming online? I have to work Thursday night, and this place has like IE6!! I've got Microsoft Office 2007, but we can't get an updated browser.

I've already confirmed I can listen to ESPN Radio and The Ticket. Just want to make sure that either of them will be airing the draft.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    I imagine both will. The ticket does every year with norm so I don't know they would not this year.

Also if you have a smartphone you can get both stations using the Tunein Radio app.
  3. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I plan to have the Nfl channel on, with ESPN on split screen. But the volume will be down most of the time and I will be listening to Norm on the ticket. He gives the draft from a cowboy point of view.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,683 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    Last year I was out of the country with no TV and was able to listen to the Ticket via the hotel's wifi. It was a real life safer.

BTW, if Norm wears you out (which can happen), 105.3 The Fan covers it as well, and from a Cowboys perspective.

And BP is right, TuneInRadio is the best app I've found for playing all these. (Android user here.)
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
  6. Chocolate Lab

33,683 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    To add one more thing, since I can't my last post edit anymore... The last couple of years I've flipped over to Fox Sports Radio and they are surprisingly good. They have former scouts and fairly knowledgeable hosts on there like ESPN, only without all the "look at me" personalities that ESPN has. I think Chris Landry is a pretty good analyst... At least he's a real former pro scout, and he's not afraid to say he doesn't like a guy even when it's a popular pick.

Of course, when the Cowboys pick is approaching, I'll still flip to one of the Ticket or the Fan.

Actually, and I've posted this before, the last several years I don't even watch too much of the draft -- I'll go work out or ride my bike or something and listen on the radio. There's more pure analysis and fewer commercials -- and I don't need to see the same three player highlights run 100 times.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    got a link for the fox sports listen live cl?
  8. Chocolate Lab

33,683 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
  9. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    thanks buddy, i saved it, im already getting pumped for the draft, dont think will hardly sleep tonight

this might be the draft that we all have been looking for the cowboys that put us over the top

i will have my radio on, computer on, tv on, recording both espn draft and nfl network draft and a do not disturb sign on my door, unless friends want to come by and check out my war room

:starspin
  10. jswalker1981

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Isn't what they play during the video of the war room on dc.com? Because I know I can get their videos to play on my computer.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    If you want to watch it, NFL.com streams video of the NFL Network's coverage.
  12. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    thanks v much. I'll give that a try for sure.
  13. jswalker1981

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would do that if I could get video to play from their website. I'm working an outage at a power plant, and they are running Internet Explorer 6! It's freaking archaic. I may try to watch it on justin.tv on my iphone.