1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft preview series: Georgia C Ben Jones

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Mar 22, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,234 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Scouts Inc. ranks: No. 2 center, unranked overall (not top 100)
    Bio: Rimington Award finalist was named Georgia’s MVP after his senior season, when he was a team captain. Made 49 starts in his career, the third most by an offensive lineman in Georgia history. Named second-team All-SEC after his sophomore and senior seasons.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/

I would love for Dallas to get Jones, he is a leader and a good player.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,460 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    He is a 1st level player. If he has to get out on someone than I don't have a lot of confidence in him to do it.

I'd take him because what we have is so bad but im not overly impressed with Jones.
  3. supercowboy8

5,234 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I agree and disagree. He plays alot at the 1st level but I have seen him get out into the 2nd level with no problem, just not alot of times. He is better standing his ground or driving then he is in space but I don't think he is as bad in space as you think he is.

This draft class at Center is weak but we need one and if the coaching staff likes Jones I wouldn't mind the pick.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,460 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    He's just so SLOOOW.

He doesn't have bad feet or anything but the guy is stuck in mud.

He would probably do a really good job of keeping the pocket clean but I worry about him when Defenders start stunting and twisting.Especially if we don't upgrade the guard position anymore than we have.
  5. supercowboy8

5,234 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    that doesn't worry me.You should read the article "Can pick up the twist stunts on the blitz." I wants OGs more than I want a Center in this draft. This draft has to much talents at OGs not to get one. I would be happy with two OGs in the draft. DeCastro, Zeitler, Brooks, and Silatou are my favs at OG.
  6. supercowboy8

5,234 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    "Good against LSU first-round prospect Michael Brockers in handling his spin move. Brockers can be tough because of his quickness and power going up the field, but Jones hung in there nicely and didn’t allow the pressure. … Makes all the line calls"