1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Tek's Latest Mock (12/16/10)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Chris in Arizona, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,658 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    7Dallas
    [IMG][IMG]Gabe Carimi
    Wisconsin
    ROT
    Reach/Value: -23
    Height:6'7"
    Weight:318
    Alternate Selection #1
    Da'Quan Bowers
    Alternate Selection #2
    Robert Quinn
    Will Cuzzin Jerruh finally invest in the OL? Marc Columbo has been a valiant warrior at RT, but is operating on one bad leg and can no longer protect the flank. Bring on the Big Bad Badger from Wisconsin and move him into the starting slot next to Leonard "Big" Davis and see if the power side of the OL can generate holes for the running game. Yes, there are needs in the defensive backfield but with the 2 top CB's (Amukamara and Peterson) gone, this is a smart pick (I hope I can say this come Draft Day!)
    39Dallas
    [IMG][IMG]
    Jimmy Smith
    Colorado
    CB
    Reach/Value: -12
    Height:6'2"
    Weight:210
    Alternate Selection #1
    Ryan Kerrigan
    Alternate Selection #2
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Finally, a CB with some size to him -- not to mention coverage ability to boot! Newman, while still a wily veteran, has lost a step, Jenkins as a tackler makes a good bullfighter (ole') and Scandrick is still trying to figure out the NFL game. McCann showed some promise, the Cowboys need to figure out if AOA is a CB or FS, . . . have I made my point yet? CB's to an NFL team are just like closets to a house -- you never can have enough of them!
    71Dallas
    [IMG][IMG]Mike Pouncey
    Florida
    OG
    Reach/Value: -14
    Height:6'4"
    Weight:310
    Alternate Selection #1
    Benjamin Ijalana
    Alternate Selection #2
    Jeremy Beal
    103Dallas
    [IMG][IMG]Christian Ponder
    Florida State
    QB
    Reach/Value: +10
    Height:6'3"
    Weight:227
    Alternate Selection #1
    Pat Devlin
    Alternate Selection #2
    Jared Crick

I love thier website but they always have us reaching for players. Ponder in the 4th would be colossally stupid.
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Love the first three picks.
  3. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,658 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    same players available I'd go...

9San Francisco
    [IMG][IMG]Da'Quan Bowers
    Clemson DE 34
    Reach/Value: +2
    Height:6'4" Weight: 278
    42Washington
    [IMG][IMG]Stefen Wisniewski
    Penn State OC
    Reach/Value: +8
    Height:6'3" Weight:298
    95Atlanta
    [IMG][IMG]Tyron Smith
    USC LOT
    Reach/Value: -7
    Height:6'6" Weight:285

107Cleveland
    [IMG][IMG]Jared Crick
    Nebraska DE 34
    Reach/Value: +17
    Height:6'5"Weight:285

No way Bowers slips to #7 and no way Tyron Smith is available in the 3rd. If this was our draft we'd have to hope we struck gold in Free Agency with a Safety.
  4. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,897 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    If we pass on Bowers I would go ballistic
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    TNew has not lost a step- a fan should know that he has had a bad ankle since the first Giant game.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't like that draft at all.

First, Carimi would be a huge reach at #7 or 8, as there is question whether he can even play LT in the pros.

Two, this team desperately needs CBs that can not only tackle, but be willing to tackle. Jimmy Smith is not that cornerback. Every single game that I've watched Colorado play, the one thing that has stuck out to me is the fact that Smith continually refuses to get involved in the run game and shys from contact.

Mike Pouncey isn't as good as his brother, but he may be worth a the gamble to see if you could develop him.

Christian Ponder in the 4th round does nothing for me.
  7. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea I don't like much either

but I would take Carimi to play RT

but thats way to early toi take him
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    my picks

Sherrod or Harriswill be there at 15 I say - would rather either before Carimi

2 pick I pick Quan Sturdiavant - cause we need a B James back up

Powe - D House

3 Austin - R Moore - D McDanial - D Watkins - T Smith - O Dowd -C Ballard
  9. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea but Tick they are talkin about movin him to RT

Marc Columbo has been a valiant warrior at RT, but is operating on one bad leg and can no longer protect the flank. Bring on the Big Bad Badger from Wisconsin and move him into the starting slot next to Leonard "Big" Davis and see if the power side of the OL can generate holes for the running game. Yes, there are needs in the defensive backfield but with the 2 top CB's (Amukamara and Peterson) gone, this is a smart pick (I hope I can say this come Draft Day!)
  10. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dont really see what people's issue is with Carimi. We may well be hiring his offensive coordinator, and he's the dominant OL on college footballs most dominant OL.

Looks like he could easily walk in and start at RT from day one, and be a significant upgrade over Colombo.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,055 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    I'd gladly trade down to 15-20 just to insure we got Camiri. Reaches don't matter if the player pans out, but I would need another draft pick in the top 3 rounds to take him in the first (assuming we don't trade up from our 2nd).
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I love the idea of getting Carimi, just not at #7 overall
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,694 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    I think you guys sleeping on Christian Ponder should give him a closer look.

I think that guy has a lot of talent and it's going under the radar.
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He def has some physical talent, but he plays like a knucklehead sometimes.

In the middle to late rounds he's worth a pick for somebody, though I'm more inclined to stick with McGee.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,694 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    Sherrod is an intriguing player and he plays in a conference where he has been battle tested.

He is a heck of an athlete too.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,694 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    Yeah I just think he is a guy worth the risk.

With good coaching I think he's going to be a starter eventually.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Carimi is a top 10 prospect now? Another 4th round QB would piss the hell out of me.

I've noticed they have us reaching a lot as well, not sure what that's about.

Bowers is a +2 two picks after us, and for some reason we go -23? That's ridiculous
  18. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,055 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    We already have a project in McGee, why go with another project? If we were picking #1, I'd take Luck and cut my losses with McGee, but with some of these guys it's 6 in one hand, half a dozen in another, so I don't see the point
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,772 Messages
    1,690 Likes Received
    I agree. You don't typically draft RTs at 7 unless you project them to be the best RT ever. Carimi at 7 would be a reach. I see no reason not to trade down and aquire picks if a RT is what we are considering there. Otherwise take a player that is reasonable value for the pick.
  20. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,000 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    according to this site both the top corners will be gone by the time we pick,i find that hard to believe.There are always one or two late risers who will go in the top ten and there will be one or two need picks in the top 10.