1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Web Cast (radio) Coverage??

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Whats the best draft coverage to listen to for the Cowboys? I don't think I can stomach the TV Networks this year and may give the net a try for a new voice.

I'll admit, I never listen or have listened to ESPN Dallas or The Ticket or what ever is the hot one so I have no idea who is worth what.

Links would be appreciated.:D
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys usually have a live draft telecast on their website don't they?
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    ahhh, not a clue. lol

Does it play with the live web cam?
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The Ticket in Dallas. Norm Hitzges is the only radio guy that does wall to wall. Bob Sturm is also a great mind that helps out. I would highly recommend this.

www.theticket.com
  5. cbow44

cbow44 Member

594 Messages
    11 Likes Received

Agree, the ticket
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought they did. We used watch it and say, "Hey Jerry is on the phone! he must be making a move." LOL

Turns out he would be ordering tacos or something.
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1310 The Ticket is the only correct answer. Norm Hitzges is very over the top and quirky but the guy has been in the world of sports media for almost 40 years now and the NFL draft is typically considered his strongest area of expertise along with major league baseball. He's as close to a Mel Kiper "I know something about every player in the draft" kind of guy you'll find on the radio and far less arrogant and annoying. Bob Sturm, who I consider the most knowledgable overall sports man I've ever listened to on TV or radio chimes in as well.

There is a link on their website to listen online:

http://theticket.com/
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The DMN and The Ticket are doing some sort of partnership, and I think Norm said they're going to have Goose at Valley Ranch for his input.
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beat me too it. They also get Goose and Spags on there sometimes.
  10. cbow44

cbow44 Member

594 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If you decide on the ticket, Norm's draft show will start at 6:30 central time. Norm is in New York at the draft and he will have plenty of rumors to start with.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,521 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    I dunno, as much as I respect Norm, he kind of wears me out. Especially as hyper as he is about the draft. I like him later in the draft when everyone else has stopped covering it, but not so much early on.

Not saying the analysis is the best, but 105.3 might be good because they're the Cowboys station. They've reported the picks early the last couple of years. And I think Sham is on there at times. Not sure who is hosting, though -- they might be a beating.
  12. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,189 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazerReply
    Retweet

I will be tweeting while doing Fox Sports Radio during first round of draft tonight in case u can't tune in

Maybe Fox Sports Radio will be broadcasting the drat live!
  13. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I always listen to Norm and watch NFL Network with the TV sound on low.
  14. couchscout

couchscout Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree with Slant, the Ticket is the only correct answer.
  15. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,333 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I like their coverage
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,521 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    I've listened to it there before and thought it was surprisingly good. Chris Landry is a former scout on there, and they check in with other Fox Sports guys like Glazer. Similar to ESPN but with less schtick.

Frankly, early in the draft well before we pick, I'd rather hear the national coverage than the locals talking about Barron and Decastro for another two hours.