1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DraftCountdown New Mock: JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Feb 16, 2011.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
  2. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,234 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    JJ Watt????

:puke:
  3. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    358 Likes Received
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  5. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The thinking is we don't have one that is an elite pass rusher as well as run stuffer. Olshansky is probably gone so we need a pass rushing 3-4 DE.

Jordan or Watt.

I'd still like Peterson or Prince if Prince's Combine performance dispells the speed question.
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,382 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I would be fine with getting Watt if they did so in a trade down with The Patriots or Chargers. They dude plays hard and with attitude.

If they stay put I think they would go with Cam Jordan over Watt.
  7. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That mock has AJ Green still on the board when we are drafting?

WOW.

He's probably the #1 player i the draft. I wouldn't mind drafting AJ Green, but at the very least, if Green is there it is the perfect trade down scenario. I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if we left Green on the board and drafted. I know the Redskins would have a heart attack if they could get Green at #10.
  8. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones = Matt Millen
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,284 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I'm not down with JJ Watt at 9
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,244 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    So we're going to have four all-world receivers and not enough time to get the ball to them? :huh:
  11. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    mosley was saying we are very interested in him.

Im with most of you guy's i'd take him but only in a trade down . Not to belittle the position and the need but i would rather get a impact player at 9(prince, miller, quinn) or a guy with upside (t.smith) . maybe if this draft wasnt loaded with 3-4 ends i would feel differently but this draft just seems to have tons of them.
  12. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have 3 all-world receivers?

Maybe you missed the larger point of my entire post in which I clearly state that we should use that opportunity to trade down. Green is likely one of the few players a team would trade up for. I would be pissed off if we left Green on the board and drafted a DE. We should trade down.
  13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,415 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received

Yeah, if Green happens to be there at 9, we would have tons of trade down offers.

If the draft fell like this mock, I would want to trade up a few spots and grab Fairley. He's a monster and Ryan would put him to good use.
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    The white Richard Seymour! :eek:
  15. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,858 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Much too high for Watt. Solid guy, great motor, but the league is full of guys like that who are solid players but you need better than solid when you are drafting this high.

Green going to the Skins would make me retch. Trade down or take Prince in that scenario.
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    FYI, the common and new theme seems to be that Watt is a top 10 pick. This has to be the 4th or 5th draft I have seen with Watt moving up into the top 10 including Kiper who had him at 6.
  17. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,120 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What do you think? Have you had time to scout him yet?

I remember watching him during the season and he would always stand out, so I went to NFLDraftCountdown and Scott had him as a 2nd rounder. I thought he looked like a 1st rounder easily, but was hoping he would be there for our 2nd. Looks like we won't be lucky enough for him to slide.

Anyway I saw a guy with good size and strength, but he also seemed to have pretty good athleticism for a guy his size. Not like Julius Peppers or anything, but he definitely can run plays down. He has a great motor, and seems to me to be an underrated pass rusher.
  18. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  19. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I don't know about Watt at #9. He's going to be a solid guy but is he going to be special? He reminds me of Rams's Adam Carriker who was a top 5 pick and traded to the Skins...

Jordan looks like a much better pass rusher and you can NEVER have enough pass rushers. Worse comes to worse Jordan would be a good rushers during 3rd down in his first year and develop into better overall player after NFL strengthening program.
  20. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2010: 2010 LOTT IMPACT TROPHY AWARD WINNER... AP and SI second-team All-American ... consensus first-team All-Big Ten ... Academic All-Big Ten ... Team MVP ... Academic All-Big Ten ... Led team in TFLs, sacks, quarterback hurries, forced fumbles and blocked kicks ... second on team in tackles, pass breakups and passes defended ... tied for sixth in school history with 21.0 tackles for loss in single season, 91 TFL yards ranks seventh ... three blocked kicks is tied for second-most in one year at UW ...broke up one pass and had three tackles against TCU in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1

I think people vastly underrate Watt.