1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Drafting Claiborne vs. Brockers/Wagner

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Jan 11, 2013.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,032 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Not even close.
  2. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Wagner wouldn't have been the pick had they held on to their 2nd anyways, so I am not sure why the OP is trying to use this hindsight 20/20 bs.. I believe Bryan Broaddus when he says Peter Konz would have been at the top of Dallas's draft board & likely their pick at 45. Broaddus said this prior to the season & during this offseason when fans brought up the question. Easy for fans to debate though without actual knowledge
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    Smarten up, Jerry said himself Bobby Wagner would have been the pick.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4692296/bobby-wagner-would-have-been-drafted
  4. BruceLee5450

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    smarten up, that's if you believe Jerry.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    can you give me his motivation for lying?
  6. BruceLee5450

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    No clue why Jerry lies about anything, but he does.. I think Broaddus actually tries to get to the fact of the matter. I'd like to say when making comments in the media, I would find him a more legit source than the man who runs the team.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    :laugh2:so you'd rather trust a guy who is getting information from second hand sources the man who ACTUALLY makes the draft day decisions? what kind of logic is that? like i said smarten up, jerry had no reason to lie about bobby freaking wagner.
  8. BruceLee5450

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Also a thread like this would be good in 2 years, not after a 1 year sample!! Most Cowboys fans wanted to throw Dez off the team even during the beginning of this past season & it looks like he has finally figured the game out at this level.. Lets see if MO can come on in his 2nd year and be the shut down type of guy the Cowboys believe he can be.
  9. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    The question is why would a GM actually want to put out information about the way he actually is thinking into the media. It would make him more predictable and therefore easier to trump in something like a draft situation. Plus I think there's not a lot that the GM of a team can say about players currently under control by other teams.
  10. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,128 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Drafting one year later is 20/20. If we had taken Brockers how is it guaranteed that Wagner will be there in the second round? Fans got to realize that there are 31 other teams drafting.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,839 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    i also remember when many of us did not like the idea of trading up to 6 to get Mo

i also remember when we were told that Mo is "a once in a decade talent at CB"

i also remember when people said that Rat is a great NT

i also remember when people said we dont need a beefy 'true' NT

i remember so many things
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,052 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Give me Claiborne's potential over Brockers and Heyward.
  13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,052 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Yea Brockers would've took our defense over the top lol. He would've stopped Sean Lee and Bruce Carter from getting hurt.

And why on earth did someone not want the best cornerback in the draft after watching us have a record breaking(not in a good way) year in yards giving up?