Drafting Mixon would taint NFL

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by waving monkey, Mar 20, 2017.

1. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

6,971 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received
    Now that would seriously trouble me.

2. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    that is a terrible thing to say to someone that could be your Father

3. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    I am reasonable and I disagree.......she struck him twice.......if you want to excuse that because she doesn't have ***** seems unreasonable to me.......assault is assault

We have people getting expelled from college and losing their jobs over tweets and you want to brush of actual violence......that is sexist to me

Bocephus likes this.
  4. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    Probably......just giving my price......we already have EE but in the 4th or later I can't pass up that talent

5. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    3,605 Likes Received
    Belicheat will draft him early and he will be lauded and praised for giving the young man a second chance.

6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,718 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    She screwed with the wrong dude and she paid a heavy price. I guess she never was told To keep your hands to yourself. If she would have followed that rule we would not be discussing this. Hopefully going forward she has learned her lesson, you don't attack someone and expect nothing to happen. It's pretty simple actually.

Bocephus and haleyrules like this.
  7. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

748 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    I find him hard to pass on with pick 60.

8. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

748 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    The Cowboys would then have the two best backs in football and one can take their tops off while the other one slaps them silly.

9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,306 Messages
    10,324 Likes Received
    I can see the similarities. But Blount did get punished. He didn't get off Scott free.

Be that as it may, my new candidate to take him in the first round: The Las Vegas Raiders!

ghst187 likes this.
  10. waving monkey

6,971 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received
    you live in a different then I rags

11. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,823 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I didn't think he was contrite two years ago either, but he went through his punishment and seemed ok since. I don't think any man should put their hands on a woman, but if a woman happens to strike a man, especially one that they don't know, it is not unreasonable to expect to get struck back. Most gentlemen would not, but dealing with someone you don't know, you should know it definitely could happen.

tyke1doe and bkight13 like this.
  12. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

14,144 Messages
    2,007 Likes Received
    Namby pamby is the phrase you are looking for.

Denny Crane.

13. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,718 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Were you taught to keep your hands to yourself as a kid? If yes then we are on the same page.

14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,663 Messages
    13,641 Likes Received
    Fwiw
    I think I read awhile before this second encounter was caught on video, several witnesses said she punch edhim square in face inside the bar. A big scrap with mutiple people (men) nearly ensued but was nipped at the bud. That was why there was short fuse. Not excusing it, but I think thats what I read.

Cant say I know for sure what happened prior to video though.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  15. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    Mixon said she blew cigarette smoke right in his face earlier outside and that is why he went up to her in the restaurant

16. waving monkey

6,971 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received
    I believe in charity and goodness. I know in today's world that might sound naive or even punk in this generation.
    This is a sports forum not a class on morals and ethics but if I out gun a women and she slaps me I walk away.
    Thats my generation and the way my generation were raised. This" I got the power and if you hit me I'll bury you"
    is a thug world and I want no part of it. It's a compassionless closed off life. I'll stay punk.

tyke1doe likes this.
  17. waving monkey

6,971 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received
    no so many levels this is a snapshot of American culture today

18. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

16,093 Messages
    7,050 Likes Received
    Doesn't make any sense.

YR

19. Yakuza Rich

16,093 Messages
    7,050 Likes Received
    He also claimed that she called him a racial slur which was reported by witnesses as never happening.

He also said he felt like he was hit by a man.

He's lied throughout the process.

YR

20. Yakuza Rich

16,093 Messages
    7,050 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with a man striking back at a woman if she hits first.

And the law has no problem with it either.

There was a case in the Bronx about this happening. A man was being harassed by 3 women. He finally insulted one of them back and turned to walk away and the woman, with a high heel shoe in her hand, smacked him in the face with the shoe. The man turned around and overhand smacked the crap out of her.

Many people were for the female because the man was 6'6" tall (former baseball player) and he had turned around to smack her as well as the ole 'a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances.'

Fortunately, the law believes differently and the DA dropped the charges once he saw the video of what happened.

Amelia Molitor's shove did not constitute assault according to the laws of Oklahoma. Once Mixon feigns a punch, Molitor has the right to defend herself which includes slapping Molitor. The law is very clear about this and it's not about some stupid theory that a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances. A man has a right to hit a woman in self defense, but that wasn't the case for Mixon. He was the aggressor, the feigned punch could have been considered attempted assault and the sequence of events on the video prompted the DA to press charges.

YR