1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

dry cleaners ruining clothes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by rkell87, Oct 1, 2010.

1. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i took this shirt to the dry cleaners

[IMG]

when i picked it up the blue lettering was gone. i was so pissed.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,702 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    1. You paid $45 for a t-shirt?

2. You took a t-shirt to the cleaners?
  3. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    yeah i really don't buy clothes for myself so for me to spend any money especially $45 on a shirt you know i really wanted and liked it, which is why i wanted to take care of it. it is hand wash only and thats what the cleaners aid they did.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,173 Messages
    2,759 Likes Received
    The place you bought that shirt from took you to the cleaners.

Sorry dude.
  5. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    ok i went through this in the thread i posted when deciding whether or not to buy the damn thing in the first place, idc what you think about the fact that i spent $45 on a shirt, I'm sure there are things all of you have bought that i wouldn't spend one penny on, what i want to know is what you think about the cleaners ruining the the shirt, what you would do, and if it has happened to you before
  6. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    it demarcus wares site
  7. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,308 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    What did the dry cleaners actually say? Did they say they've run across this type of print before on certain clothing items? If you don't get anywhere with them, I'd contact that site you bought the shirt from and tell them exactly what you told us and see what they say.
  8. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    they said they followed the instructions, and they are not liable, big run around and all that. i contacted the site, I'm waiting for a reply
  9. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Log a another sack for Demarcus Ware. :laugh1:
  10. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    id like to thank rowdy for being the only one with advice
  11. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,967 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Thanks theo..... I couldn't put it to words.
  12. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Big deal, he paid $45 for a t-shirt. No reason to get all judgmental.

You'd think he bought a $54K dinner or something.
  13. SC Cowboyfan

SC Cowboyfan Member

740 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Most dry cleaners dont hand wash garments, the chemical they use is perc.

The writing on the t-shirt may have been from a dye which was shed during immersion in the solvent.
  14. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I spent 40 bucks once for a t-shirt-from Japan. It was 20 bucks for shipping IIRC. That shirt was really rare and I have never seen anyone else with one.
  15. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,702 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    I spent $32 on my steak tonight. It was rare.
  16. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I think your out of luck, they'll never accept liability for something like that. If it's hand wash only, how come you didn't just wash it at home?
  17. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    cause it had a small stain other wise i wouldn't wash it at all, i only wear it for a few hours at a time and i thought it would be better to let professionals handle it. i told them about it, to be careful, and they said no problem. what really pisses me off is that they were just going to let me pay and walk out without telling me. it was very obvious lettering, they had to have known they had done it but they didn't call me or tell me when i got there, like i wouldn't notice or something
  18. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i asked before hand, they said they would use soap and water only, I'm sure they did use the solvent though. they told me they could handle the task, i didn't walk in and just drop it off, i had a long conversation where they assured me they could handle the shirt in the proper way
  19. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,123 Messages
    1,759 Likes Received
    so the obvious question is:

whats wrong with your hands?

:D
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Even more reason to wash it yourself, but that's not really important now since they already ruined it.

I think this is one of those things you just have to write off as a loss and learn from the experience, no long likes to eat money for someone elses screw up but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Give them a bad review anywhere you can find, they may be listed on sites like Yelp.com, and just tell everyone you can to stay away. In the long run it's gonna cost them more than it cost you. Did they at least refund their washing fee?