1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DT Dontari Poe, Memphis (6-5, 350)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Nov 4, 2011.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,155 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Has anyone had a chance to watch this guy? He's garnering attention as a possible top 25 pick and may be an option for us if we choose to go DL in the 1st.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,146 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    yes I live in Nashville and have gone to a few Memphis games and saw other on local TV.
    The guy is big and physical. plays to tall to be a 3-4 NT but is more of a classis 4-3 DT. I think he could be a big 3-4 DE, plays very fast for his size. Almost like a Ngata type 3-4 DE but he isn't that fast. I don't think I would take a chance on him right now in the 1st. Still need to see him in workouts and his foot speed at the combine.

If your looking for a 3-4 NT in this draft, Kawann Short for Purdue. Saturday Purdue plays Wisconsin, time to see how he performs vs Zeitler and Konz. This should be fun to watch. Short is 6-3 and has amazing power, plays low and uses is bulk. Also very fast and has a great rip move to get in the backfield. Short is intriging to me because I could also see him as a 3-4 DE.

Another 3-4 NT to look into is Sylvester Williams at UNC.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I live in Memphis and unless you go to a game you will rarely catch them on tv. If he played for a different school he'd be rated higher. We are terrible. I'm just glad college bball is starting up.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,146 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    yeah BBall thats all Memphis has to look forward too.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Larry Porter is probably the biggest bball fan. It will get the attention off of him. :laugh1:
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Poe is a "pet" player of mine. He's got a huge well put together frame. FWIW, he was named one of the five strongest college athletes in the country by some college trainers' group.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,381 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yes to Powe.
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received