1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

DT Dontari Poe, Memphis (6-5, 350)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Nov 4, 2011.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Has anyone had a chance to watch this guy? He's garnering attention as a possible top 25 pick and may be an option for us if we choose to go DL in the 1st.

2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    yes I live in Nashville and have gone to a few Memphis games and saw other on local TV.
    The guy is big and physical. plays to tall to be a 3-4 NT but is more of a classis 4-3 DT. I think he could be a big 3-4 DE, plays very fast for his size. Almost like a Ngata type 3-4 DE but he isn't that fast. I don't think I would take a chance on him right now in the 1st. Still need to see him in workouts and his foot speed at the combine.

If your looking for a 3-4 NT in this draft, Kawann Short for Purdue. Saturday Purdue plays Wisconsin, time to see how he performs vs Zeitler and Konz. This should be fun to watch. Short is 6-3 and has amazing power, plays low and uses is bulk. Also very fast and has a great rip move to get in the backfield. Short is intriging to me because I could also see him as a 3-4 DE.

Another 3-4 NT to look into is Sylvester Williams at UNC.

3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I live in Memphis and unless you go to a game you will rarely catch them on tv. If he played for a different school he'd be rated higher. We are terrible. I'm just glad college bball is starting up.

4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    yeah BBall thats all Memphis has to look forward too.

5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Larry Porter is probably the biggest bball fan. It will get the attention off of him. :laugh1:

6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Poe is a "pet" player of mine. He's got a huge well put together frame. FWIW, he was named one of the five strongest college athletes in the country by some college trainers' group.

7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

20,095 Messages
    6,603 Likes Received
    Yes to Powe.

8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received