1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dwayne Harris is expected to serve as the Cowboys' No. 3 receiver versus the Redskins

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 21, 2012.

1. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    seems like a million years ago to me due to the fact he has disappeared ever since
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,037 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    We have bigger issues than #3 WR.

Harris will have little impact with our OL, lack of running game, and play calling.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Guess I'm not down on OTree as others. He is the 3rd WR who plays with Witten, Dez and Austin primarty targets and yet has 25 catches on the season and on pace for 40 catches that would pretty much be the same numbers that Crayton produced as a 3rd WR.

If Harris can come in and do a better job then great but seems this is more agenda driven than based in facts. People talk of Crayton as if he was some great 3rd WR the numbers do not bear it out any more than OTree.
  4. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,569 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Perception is reality
  5. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Harris is nowhere near as fast or shifty as Harvin.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,097 Messages
    1,367 Likes Received
    I'm not falling for it this time.
  7. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    You have some who get on a anti player kick and never get off it. Fact is as a 3rd WR Tree is producing at the same rate Crayton did. I have no issue with getting Harris in there and really look forward to seeing him get playing time.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,286 Messages
    4,201 Likes Received
    I'm not that down on OT as much as I'd like to see better route running. If you have three WRs on the field together it is much better for all of them to present problems for them to defend.
  9. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    I don't care what you fall for or not, fact is this season Tree was putting up the numbers we were getting from Crayton when he was here. As a 3rd WR with Witten, Dez and Miles, Tree is not a top option in the passing tree.

I have no doubt he can be replaced and would not have an issue if he is not with us next season should Harris and Beasly show they can do the job. But fans and their own agenda do not always come with facts.
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i think crayton just seemed more reliable and made more plays. here are first down catch stats for crayton:

04 - 7
    05- 15
    06- 28
    07- 33
    08- 24
    09- 27

otree:

09- 5
    10- 2
    11- 11
    12 - 14

2012 isn't over yet, but otree is on pace for 22 first down catches this year
  11. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    So he is putting up Crayton numbers and yet does not know the playbook? Damn Crayton must have really been bad to have a better understanding of the playbook but could not produce at a higher level. :laugh2:
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,272 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    Numbers don't say everything. He has big numbers because he gets thrown to a ton.
  13. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

867 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    I hope to see him shine during the game and take advantage of this opportunity.
  14. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Seemed and reality evidently are not the same. Crayton was producing around 35 catches a season that was it, Tree was on that pace as well that is just the facts of it. Again I don't care one way or the other, if Harris or someone else comes in and takes the job then great but I hate attacks on players based on some stupid agenda that some mindless fans never let go. It is like Jenkins when failed to make an attempt on a tackle in 1 game and listening to some you would think he does that all the time and that is just not the truth.

I don't like seeing anyone raked over the coals unfairly.
  15. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    That is a load of BS, he is not targeted that many time. He is a 4th option on most routs behind Witten, Dez and Austin that is just the facts. I'm not pro Tree but I don't like seeing guys ripped unfairly and that is the case.
  16. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well, if you look at first down catches that I posted, it points to Crayton making more meaningful plays. Having the same number of catches really doesnt mean anything when just looking at that number in a vacuum.

I don't have anything against otree, I'm not a hater, I just think he has had his chance, his contract is up at the end of this year, and we should give these other guys a chance to step up.
  17. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Crayton was not all that nor is Tree but to act as if he is a bum as some seem to do is just stupid and agenda driven as most things around here are. It gets fricken old quick, hell I wish some of these people would just find a team they can support because they sure as hell do not support this team in any way shape or form.
  18. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

he has about the same amount of targets at crayton did his last couple years here. those were 70, and 67.

otree has 45 right now which is on pace for 72, if he kept up that pace and played in all 16 games
  19. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,272 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    Being the #4 read doesn't mean he's 4th in balls thrown to him...
  20. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    dallas cowboys 2012 targets:

witten -99
    dez - 86
    austin - 83
    otree- 45
    felix - 30