1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dwayne Harris named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 14, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,082 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman

It’s second-year wide receiver Dwayne Harris[IMG], who was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his 78-yard punt return touchdown that broke a fourth-quarter tie with the Eagles and propelled the Cowboys to a 38-23 win.

Harris now has two big returns in the last two games since the Cowboys have turned the punt return duties over to him, replacing Dez Bryant, who has been shaky with fumbles and muffed punts all season. Harris had a 37-yard return against the Falcons that led to a field goal.

Harris has eight returns this year for 151 yards and an 18.9 yard average, which would be good enough for second in the NFL, just behind Buffalo’s Leodis McKelvin (19.5) if Harris had enough attempts to qualify.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...s-Honor-/a02a560c-69d1-4d44-9b96-b996e89ac0bb
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Well deserved. The kid is a playmaker.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,143 Likes Received
    Congrats to Dwayne!
  4. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,657 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    He's looked good. Hopefully he can keep it up.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,133 Messages
    4,330 Likes Received
    Full time job for Dwayne now.

Dez needs to concentrate on the playbook.
  6. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Would love to see him on some WR screens (if Tony could hit him) and some quick slants. I like his RAC potential.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    i like dwayne a lot as a 5th or 6th receiver.
  8. DFWJC

22,893 Messages
    2,143 Likes Received
    He has enough overall playmaking skills to be used, at leaast some of the time, like Harvin is used in Minny.
    He can throw it too. Like I said before, he reminds me of Hines Ward.
  9. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Finally we can take Dez Bryant off special teams forever. Get him outta there!
  10. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

299 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Harris is earning his roster spot and could become a top of the line returner.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,080 Messages
    2,866 Likes Received
    Good for Harris, glad to see him get it.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,893 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    For that? LOL.

Big play and all, but any returner can run in a straight line on a perfectly blocked punt return.

Surely, someone out there had a bunch of tackles or something. Weird choice.
  13. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,634 Messages
    910 Likes Received
    Why is it when Devin Hester does the same thing, he's the greatest returner in history? The majority of his returns have been pretty much a straight line.

It was an excellent return. It was a clutch play. We needed it because the game was tied at the time.

Just appreciate it for what it was, a terrific play. Not sure why you have to bad mouth it.
  14. DFWJC

22,893 Messages
    2,143 Likes Received
    I was waiting for erod to show up and diss the award, because he did so already in a previous thread. That's fine to have the opinion, but it almost seems like he doesn't want Harris to succeed and was disappointed that he did.

If it helps, he also didn't have any bad returns.

He also had a very good block on a kick return :)
    jeesh
  15. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,492 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    On this team? Or just in general? Because I can only think of 2 receivers i'd rather see more than Dwayne and that's Miles and Dez.
  16. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,492 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    LOL so special teams tackles > special teams TD?
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ladies and gentlemen you can't make this stuff up. :laugh2:
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,893 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    He didn't juke a single player. It was perfectly blocked. And Mat McBriar could have easily pushed him out of bounds if he wasn't such an Australian *****.

Look, he made a nice run, but any of 32 punt returners last weekend could have made that return. He caught the ball turned left, and went in a straight line up the sideline untouched. It was a great play, but not necessarily by Harris in particular. It was perfectly blocked.

I guess no one kicked many field goals are notched a bunch of tackles last weekend.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,893 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    And I suppose you didn't see the BLATANT block in the back that wasn't called either, eh?
  20. chagus

chagus Active Member

241 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Last time i checked, them Aussies can give a pretty good hit. Their version of football is pretty brutal so i dont think your "if he wasn't such an Australian" excuse has any validity. Just give Harris and the special teams the props they deserve! Jeez... We won the game, remember?