1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DWood: Zim on cussing spree/TNew w/chip on shoulder

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by HTownCowboysFan, Dec 21, 2006.

1. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The great Darren Woodson said this AM on "Mike and Mike" that Coach Zim chewed the D-Backs a new one this week and DW expects them to play much better. He also said that a certain #41 and the entire D will take TNew's Pro Bowl snub persoanlly and will be fired up.

Hope he's right.
  2. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I would think regardless of the Pro Bowl snub they would be fired up...they are playing for the NFC East Crown and a possible second seed after all.
  3. canters

canters Active Member

1,836 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Wow, Zimm got upset?! They will play better,,,,,um,,,,yeah,,,,,,right?!

They had better be ready to play. It will be ugly if not.
  4. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    I sure hope so. I'll also be watching the Eagles DBs who always seem to get away with getting to the receiver about a second early and causing the incompletion. Hopefully the refs will call interference when it's there.
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the information!

Henry and T-New each had a bad play or two last game. They were just a little off. Chances are that they will return to form.

(and if they don't, things could get uncomfortable ....).
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

40,375 Messages
    2,148 Likes Received
    This is going to be the showdown in the east. "HOW THE EAST WAS WON"
  7. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Weren't they also fired up against the Saints:huh:

Didn't Newman also get into it with Chris Canty sometime back?

Just get it done:p:
  8. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,189 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Best news I have heard this week........Zim needs to chew someone out
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    should make a good matchup even better. The eagles feel the same way about westbrook.

I happen to agree, how westbrook is left off the roster is strange, he is a much better player than jackson.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    Much better than Jackson? I think Westbrooks is a very good all pourpose RB but I don't see him as a better RB than Jackson.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

He is used differently in a different offensive system. Westbrook can do everything, like for instance he will probably return punts this week.

He is a special player, jackson is a good running back but not nearly the player that westbrook is.
  12. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good job Zimmer.......Now get the D as PO'd as possible....4:00 Christmas Day.
  13. Doomsday101

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    I guess that is a matter of opinion. Jackson is the type you can feed the ball to he has also done a great job in the Rams passing game. Don't get me wrong I respect Westbrooks ability but I like what I am seeing in Jackson. Jackson has 1,916 all propose yards while Westbrooks has 1,756 so I don't think Jackson takes a backseat to Westbrook at least in my opinion.
  14. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,573 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    I'm with you. This is ridiculous. This D-line hasn't gotten pressure since the beginning of time. Our worst pass defender is the only one with INTs on the regular (back in the day:laugh2: ), and our secondary is giving up TDs with no resistance in the pass 3 weeks. So NOW they are fired up:mad: ???
  15. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The ghost of Greg Ellis is haunting us it seems. Got to find someone other than D-Ware to rush the passer. Bobby Carp, come on son!
  16. Doomsday101

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    Would it make you feel better it they just threw their hands up and said oh well we have not done anything the pass 3 weeks why bother? This group is capable of playing much better than they have and this weekend would not be a bad place to start getting things turned around.
  17. Bryan8284

Bryan8284 Active Member

1,377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They were fired up early against the Saints then kind of mailed it in a bit.

This defense knows Newman deserves it. Let's prove it now.
  18. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When the Cowboys were featured on Hard Knocks, Zimmer had some moments where he would just cuss.

Im sure he has ripped them before and it obviously hasn't worked out for him.
  19. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kill Em! Kill Those Eagles!
  20. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,573 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    Ya heard me!!! You mean to tell me, we have no other options on this team? Is it the 3-4 that's hindering us? I'm just amazed. I feel bad for being so hard on our DBs and safeties. They are in a no win situation.