1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dysfunction defined

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by AmberBeer, Jan 27, 2014.

1. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,970 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more. that's all the more reason Why garrett did a great job this season. not only Jerry wanted some
    I couldn't agree more. that's all the more reason Why Garrett did a great job this season. not only Jerry wanted somebody else to call plays, he decided he wanted new defensive coordinator and new defensive scheme. he decided that ryan's defense was too complex, asked him to simplify it. then fired him because it wasn't effective. then he decided to change schemes. why? a new scheme takes several years to deploy, why do that on a 8-8 team? makes no sense. so Jerry does a lot of short term reactions. misses on the reasons and root causes of issues. makes wrong decisions, and we expect this team to be a superbowl contender?
  2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,344 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    If that works we should expand the concept to players.
    Imagine, 150 players on the Cowboys sidelines. Imagine the jersey merchandising possibilities . . . I can see it now . . . [IMG]
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,108 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    Can we make this post a sticky?
    TwoDeep3 likes this.
  4. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,138 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Where do you get your by-lines..?

ESPN?

Really.

I can get this straight from those guys.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,834 Messages
    7,561 Likes Received
    Not only is a rumor, but it's a rumor stated as a fact. And then there's the actual fact that it's only a rumor about adding an experienced coach to the roster at a level below the traditional coordinator level. Only on CZ is right.
  6. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    Freaking brilliant.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,494 Messages
    9,648 Likes Received
    Liking the original post doesn't seem like enough of a statement. I want that post to be my Valentine this year.

Or, ya know, whatever.

Hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss.
    alicetooljam and TwoDeep3 like this.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Ryan, Kiffin, Callahan, Linehan

Has any HC ever had 4 different coordinators in 4 years as being a HC without a single one of those coordinators getting tabbed to be a HC elsewhere?
  9. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,372 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Maybe a GM to actually run the front office side of the off the field crap away from the coaches. This team is really floundering at the moment. Hurts to say, but we are not any where near good from top to bottom. And what I hate the most about this is the future HOFers (Ware, Witten maybe Dez in time) and the other Cowboy greats we are wasting - That sucks for them. And for us fans.
  10. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,449 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Dysfunction defined? CowboysZone.com
  11. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

274 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    No data. I just remember people whining and moaning about the play clock all year, and not just after the change. We were snapping the ball with less than 5 seconds remaining all season.
    Idgit likes this.
  12. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    Jerry calls the plays, Romo executes it, and when it fails Jerry tells Garrett to tell the media that Romo changed the play.
  13. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,995 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    What about this gem, from my signature:

We’ve put a lot of effort in training as a franchise into Jason Garrett, and I want to take advantage of that,” Jones said. “If we don’t have him, we don’t get payback for all the miscues and losses and criticism of sideline management.
    DandyDon1722 likes this.
  14. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Folks, get used to this. They're going to rotate in a new offensive coordinator every year until they find a guy who can successfully call plays with Garrett's playbook. This could take 10-15 years, so I'd grab a drink and get comfortable.
  15. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,449 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    C'mon son
  16. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,351 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Seriously dude, can you reach out for more attention?

It's beyond pathetic at this point.
  17. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

3,464 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    ungrateful fans! You're supposed believe and put up with everything, because thats what real fans do!
    how dare you question any of managements moves, No matter how stupid they may appear! …. you're stupider!!!!

signed, sarcasm…..
  18. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,859 Messages
    4,425 Likes Received
    If this is Jerry's hire then shame on him. If it's Garrett's call then shame on some of you. You guys make a lot of assumptions which are often wrong then happily trot out your bashing hammers.

Callahan is under contract and can't go anywhere without the GM agreeing.

Parcells brought guys in to be running game coordinator and passing game coordinator. But if Garrett brings in coaches to help coordinate the offense then he's nuts. Sometimes this is a tough job. I'm chewing on my pipe right now.
  19. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,037 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    The only time I watch ESPN is when there's a live event on. I don't visit espn.com. It's trash.
    Redball Express likes this.
  20. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,995 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    Yes, but there was never any question of who called the shots, as far as coaching staff goes, when Parcells was here. It is hard to believe that there is one single voice in the room when coordinators are being shuffled out over and over.