1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles Add QB Dennis Dixon

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by joseephuss, Feb 14, 2013.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    This either means they won't be drafting a QB this year or they plan on trading Foles.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...is-Dixon/b0d2e13c-1b50-4279-a54f-0949bc79e4c9

Eagles Add QB Dennis Dixon

The Eagles announced the addition of quarterback Dennis Dixon on a two-year contract Thursday. Dixon, who spent the 2012 season on the practice squad of the Baltimore Ravens, played under Eagles head coach Chip Kelly when Kelly was the offensive coordinator at Oregon. The 28-year-old began his professional career with the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he went 2-1 in three games as a starter in 2009 and 2010.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,550 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    lol.................
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    Anyone surprised?

Didn't think so.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,505 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    I never thought Foles would be on this team the minute Kelly was announced. I don't know what the price might be for Foles but I would be interested in checking it out.
  5. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I don't remember liking too much of what I saw out of foles when I watched him...don't think i'd be willing to part with any picks, except maybe, just maybe....the 6th rounder. But i dunno what the cowboys brass thinks of him.
  6. joseephuss

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...de-qb-nick-foles-unless-offer-blows-them-away

Report: Eagles won't trade QB Nick Foles unless offer blows them away

The Chiefs are reportedly interested in second-year Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, which makes sense given that Andy Reid, the new Kansas City coach whom Philly fired earlier this year, was responsible for drafting Foles last April.

Plus, the Chiefs' current quarterback situation can kindly be described as a mess, and Reid continues to avoid addressing what role (if any) incumbent Matt Cassel will play in Kansas City next season.

But the Eagles, who have a new coach (Chip Kelly), a stable of quarterbacks (Foles, Michael Vick, newly signed Dennis Dixon) and plenty of unanswered questions about this new-fangled offense, aren't looking to part ways with Foles.

League sources told CSNPhilly.com's Reuben Frank on Thursday that, unless the offer blows the organization away, the Eagles don't plan to trade Foles.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

I feel the opposite, I never thought Vick would be on this team no matter who was announced.
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    The eagles aren't known for developing QB's
  9. joseephuss

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    I figured Vick would stick around if he was willing to restructure his deal, which he did. If he hadn't, they would have cut him.
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

I didn't think he was in position to restructure anything after two straight losing seasons as a starter
  11. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,306 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Dennis Dixon's a decent enough backup and fits their system. Eagles need mobile QBs and Nick Foles doesn't really fit the role.
  12. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

It was reported last night on NBC10 that Foles may end up in KC
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    That would be my thought if they could get him for a good price.

I know they aren't going to burn that 1st overall pick on a QB. Reid is not that dumb.

The top of the 2nd round is a better place to pick a QB, but by then you wonder if any what is available will be as good as Foles. The kid has potential, imo.
    Reid says that he has the strongest arm he has seen in along time. He said he thought only a handful of QBs in the league had a bigger arm than Foles.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

They also said they may cut Matt Cassel
  15. joseephuss

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    I think the Eagles saved money by restructuring the contract rather than just cutting him.
  16. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

I thought players who were not good were released. Any QB who doesn't lead his team to the playoffs in 2 straight seasons should always be cut
  17. joseephuss

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    I think contract matters in this salary cap matters. It seems more prudent to restructure and wait until next year to cut Vick. Not that it matters to me. I prefer the Eagles keep putting Vick out there because I don't think he is that good.

Are you saying Dallas should cut Romo?
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

After 8 years of constant failure and interceptions in big games what do you think?

I don't trust him