1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles are going to beat the mess out of us

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GiveDezdaBall88, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcompact

mcompact Member

60 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    We hung with and even traded leads with the Broncos....but that doesn't mean squat when we are dealing with the vaulted Eagles. Let's add another to the losing column, fellas, and focus on Detroit (the '85 Bears reincarnate).
  2. mcnabbmcnow

mcnabbmcnow Benched

120 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I do not agree that the Dallas offensive line is better than the Eagles offensive line. Which team runs the ball better, the Eagles by far, and it's not close. Dallas has more advantages but if you can't run the ball and pass protect, that is a problem, and Murray being out doesn't help pass protection or running.
  3. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

686 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    The eagles offensive line is one of the main reasons that A) They didn't do anything last year and B) Vick is always hurt. It is not because of his scrambling ability. Philly has a horrid O-line that is masked by their style of offense. Shady > Murray. Also going to point out that Dallas attempts to power run on an offensive line that is very young and inexperienced. Shady has runs set up for him that use the speed of the offense. He doesn't exactly run power football so they can mask their offensive line fairly well by getting Shady into open space.

Just a thought.
  4. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    people do realize the OP is a troll? haahhahaa
    what kind of a generic name is "givedezdaball88" hahaha.

Don't ban him cause it's funny
  5. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,151 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    yap
  6. RoboQB

RoboQB Active Member

365 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Why any "fan" would sit down to watch a game "just knowing" the team they follow is going to lose kind of kills the point of being a fan.

If your team wins, you look/sound like a jackass to anyone that had the misfortune of listening/reading the negativity from you all week.

If your team loses, you still look/sound the same by saying "see I told you so".

I don't have any idea who will win on Sunday. All I know is that I will do what I always do. Watch the game. Live and die a little on each play.
    And hope that they pull through and get a "W".

What should happen: Dallas should win a close game that will be high scoring.
    What may happen: Philly's offense wears Dallas' front four out and Desean Jackson beats Church deep to win the game.

Win or lose, I will be back the very next week hoping "my" team, the Dallas Cowboys, pull through and get a victory.

To say "we have no chance" or some version of that is not being a fan. I mean, unless you like Jacksonville. Then, yes, you have no chance...:)
  7. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

758 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    It is pathetic. It's a much easier position to take. "I told you we would lose " or quietly being happy with the win.
    fatboygixxer likes this.
  8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I would like to see the team string together a string of successive strong performances to convince me that we are not destined for another 8-8 season. The Philly game is a good litmus test for the direction of the team.
    Idgit likes this.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,515 Messages
    547 Likes Received

I can understand the concern but as I recall their Defense is pretty dang terrible as well. Our offense will have plenty of chances to put up lots of points as well. Which gives us a shot to win.
  10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,886 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    How are the Eagles worse than we are? If they are bad, then so are we.
  11. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,886 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Foles has better accuracy than Griffin.
  12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Foles has played very good this season and is not to be taken lightly especially with the issues the Cowboys defense has had defending the pass. Foles TD to turnover ratio in 2013 is 6-0 and he's completed just over 67% of his passes. His passer rating is 127.9. He was outstanding vs Tampa last week. The Cowboys better get some pressure on him if he starts Sunday or it could be a long day.
  13. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

648 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    this...
  14. KJJ

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Philly is 3-3 just like the Cowboys and lost to the same 3 teams the Cowboys lost to. They've won 2 in a row something the Cowboys have yet to do this season and offensively they rank 3rd compared 13th for the Cowboys. Defensively they rank dead last but that's only 2 spots worse than the Cowboys. If they're a "bad" team then that doesn't say much for the Cowboys.
  15. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,855 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    Not so fast - the Eagles have won three games against teams that have a combined 1-15 record - beating the Giants 0-6, the Bucs 0-5 and the Redskins 1-4. They are 0-2 within a division that is absolutely horrible.

I know our record against teams isn't that much better but let's not put lipstick on a pig.
  16. KJJ

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have won 3 games against teams that have a combined 4-12 record that's not very good either. It took 6 takeaways and 2 defensive scores for the Cowboys to beat a Giants team by 5 measly points that's currently 0-6. That same Giants team got plastered by Carolina by 38 points 2 weeks later. I'm certainly not saying the Eagles have a good team but neither do the Cowboys. Both teams have been mediocre up to this point.
  17. KJJ

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Everyone can say what they want about Philly but this is a dangerous matchup for the Cowboys. Philly has an explosive offense that ranks 3rd and they have speed at the skill positions. Their fast pace offense could provide a lot of problems for a Cowboys defense that's had issues with players being out of position. If you have players out of position against their offense it will lead some easy scores.
    big dog cowboy likes this.
  18. RoboQB

RoboQB Active Member

365 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Agreed.

This game plan should look a lot like the Denver game. Good thing its against Foles and not Manning this time.
  19. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    nothing worse than losing before the coin flip
    Carharris2 likes this.
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received

They have lost to the same three teams as Dallas except they have lost by an average of about two td's where as Dallas has lost by an average of a field goal.

Dallas isn't great, but they are close to being a very good team.

Philly is mediocre.

This is a game the Cowboys need to win, plain and simple.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.