1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles are going to beat the mess out of us

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GiveDezdaBall88, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Is this the part where everyone says that you were right all along? Not gonna happen unless they put Romo in to try and stop the run.

What does Romo have to do with anything about the Dallas Cowboy D-line? Youre trying way too hard.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received

I don't know, it's your story. How bout you go ahead and finish telling it.

Is the DL the only part of this matchup we are supposed to be concerned with?

Perhaps it's not me but you. You gonna tell me that you would rather have a defense that is intact over Romo in the lineup playing QB? I would rather have Romo. If you are trying to say that, then maybe I am going to tell you that this is the part where you should admit I was right.

Can't have it both ways.
  3. Cowboysfan1975

Cowboysfan1975 Member

100 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    You think? We are thin at most defensive spots, and have backup all across the d line. The less time the d spends on the field the better. we need to control the time of possession. You can accomplish that going no huddle all game.
  4. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Their D sucks as much as ours, if we lose it wont be by much.
  5. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Lol @ Using coaches college games against him as to say why one coach would win.
    Everybody know College Football parity is laughable at best.

It's possible they win, but they won't blow us out.

I think we win.

35-24
  6. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lol not if that means Im wrong.

Its not even a Either-Or type deal. It is what it is.
    Romo is gonna get his job done. Patching together a D-line is going to be nightmare.
    Im more confident about this game than I was against the Skins.
  7. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    So drop some money in Vegas idf it's a lock.
    Rhubarb likes this.
  8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,532 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys win going away.
  9. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,327 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Agreed. This Philly squad looks pretty toothless to me, much like the one we beat three times in 2009.
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  10. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,901 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I had a dream this past summer that the Eagles beat us 51-17 in Philly with the game ending with Romo getting sacked for a safety.
  11. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    We've lost to 3 teams with a combines record of 15-3. Two of those teams are undefeated and we lost by a total of 4 Freekin points...... We are not as bad as some of you think.. We could easily be 5-1 right now....
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received
    I had a dream that a little dog and I got swept up in a twister and we landed on a goth chick, in the middle of a bunch of midgets. Got even more weird from there but the point is, I guess....... None of it was real and when I look back on it now, it even sounds a little stupid to me, when I think on it.

:D
    Rhubarb likes this.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Sure you did...

:rolleyes:
  14. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received

lmao

(stupid cowboy mods)
  15. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Well, this game depends on if this is an "spotlighted game", a "lose and go home game", or an "elimination game".

If this game is any one of those, then Romo will choke and lose the game while the defense gives up 35 points.

Oh, I forgot to say, this is a lock to lose this game. :rolleyes:
    visionary likes this.
  16. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Rhubarb and 5Stars like this.
  17. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received

Perfect....lmao
  18. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    Don't look at the defensive ranking base on yards. It'll be misleading for defenses like ours (bend but don't break). Look at the scoring stats.

We are 21st and the EaGirls are 29th. That's more important stats than yards.
    visionary likes this.
  19. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,454 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    Excellent take Idgit..........................I agree with everything you said.

I have my doubts we will win, but this is the type of game that can show that Garrett has this team headed in the right direction.

At some point, Garrett has to start producing wins on the field to show that he has this team headed in the right direction. Jerry talking about "tangible signs of success" in the offseason when asked about how Garrett would be evaluated this season. Well, this is exactly the type of game that Garrett can point to and show that the team is indeed headed in the right direction under him.

Now if we lose................................I think it will just fuel the fire even more that Garrett cant get the job done. At some point he has to start winning games, and that is just the cold hard truth.
    Idgit likes this.
  20. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,913 Messages
    758 Likes Received

For those of you that are not aware of current events, the design of this Cowboys defense is to not shut other offenses down; just slow them down. In other words, the question isn't rather or not Chip Kelly offense will score on our defense (because they are going to score, there is no question there). The question is can they outscore our offense? I'm not predicting one way or another but based on how the Eagles defense has played this year against subpar offenses, I'm not so sure this win is a lock for the Eagles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.