1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles catch another break, AP and Gerhart OUT for Vikings

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

894 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    "Exactly" what?

Yes, we've caught some breaks as well. And we're catching one today. I certainly hope we capitalize on it.

But that still doesn't answer the question. Where exactly in this thread is someone making an excuse? It's simply an accurate observation; the Eagles have indeed been catching breaks, which have contributed in some degree to their success. I don't see anyone attributing our own poor play to that.
  2. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,822 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    You do have a point, especially when you take into account that @Zordon is the OP. I know he isn't making excuses!
    Zordon likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    I already answered the question. You just apparently didn't like the answer (or didn't understand it) :)
  4. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,245 Messages
    1,165 Likes Received
    this is true, our D makes ALL QB's look like pro-bowl candidates
  5. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,623 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    Eagles were winning regardless.
  6. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    When you pay Romo, Ware, Lee, Spencer etc....like we did, it's because we EXPECT to win games in December and be in contention. Well....we are in December...and we are in contention. The teams left on our schedule....2 at home....1 on the road.....2 games teams will be playing QBs that have 3 or less starts this year...these are games we SHOULD win. And then we get Philly in our HOUSE with everything on the line....we SHOULD win. If we don't...this HAS to be blown up. If the Eagles win....there arrow is pointing up...because they are in the first year of there program. If we lose with the same group we have had together for 6 years....if we cannot win the division this year...it is a wrap for this group. Plain and simple.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,162 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    I say the same thing every week. Seems simple enough to me.
  8. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

625 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    Nice assessment. Would feel better about our chances if we weren't in such bad shape on our D . We are in essence playing with in many cases a group of backups to backups.

Still if our O can sustain some drives, score, and control the clock we can compete with, and beat the remaining teams on our schedule.
  9. TonyRomo17

TonyRomo17 Active Member

607 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    it doesnt matter lol, division is already lost, i just hope the eagles dont win the superbowl
  10. Proximo

894 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    I guess I just don't understand nonsense.
  11. Sarge

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    We agree on something after all.
  12. Proximo

894 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    It just annoys me that someone can't start a thread that points out another team's good fortune without some joker coming in and claiming that the thread is somehow making an excuse for the Cowboys. It literally makes no sense.

The Eagles have had good fortune recently. It is what it is.
  13. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    The Cowboys last five games of the season will be played against backup quarterbacks, so terming the Eagles situation as them getting lucky breaks doesn't wash.

The Cowboys have certainly gotten their share of breaks. At the end of the day, with the team in control of their own destiny, the Cowboys need to just take care of their own business.
  14. Sarge

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Be careful or you might get called a "joker" - - ;)
  15. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    You're being willfully obtuse. Yes, it's an accurate observation. And yes, the OP was obviously pointing to it as being a significant reason for why the Eagles will win the division and we won't. In other words, an excuse.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Wow. Lucky Philly. Wish we could be that lucky to win 5 in a row and be the hottest team in football right now. :rolleyes:
  17. Sarge

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Exactly.

;)
  18. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Not in many years. Did use to play the first Counter Strike a lot.

Not denial. I prefer not to count my chickens before they hatch. Probably a better idiom out there. I just try and remain positive.
    Idgit likes this.
  19. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,045 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Boy, sounds like we need a win today. Morale is suffering.

I would say we caught a break last week and lost big anyway. That tells me "catching a break" and winning aren't necessarily connected.
  20. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Sorta breaks, not as good on some of them IMO.

Last week the Cowboys got a backup QB. Who in the previous 4 games had ratings of 123.4, 92.9, 102.4 and 114.9. Not like he was playing like Blaine Gabbert. McCown has played well in relief. He's a solid #2 in the NFL.

Flynn over Rodgers is a break... I think. But Flynn has, in the past, played extremely well in a relief role. I'd much rather face Tolzien. Tolzien may have been worse than McGee.

Cousins played well last year in relief. We'll know more after today.

I think it's safe to say Foles is no longer the "backup" in Philly. So I can't agree that it is 4 in a row.