1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles Coach Chip Kelly compares Romo to Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Oct 18, 2013.

1. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,932 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Yes, he would because that is a good system and the defense comes to play every game and they get the most out of their talent. Brady is great but So is Romo and if you put him on NE, they would still be New England.
    jobberone likes this.
  2. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,932 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin would have quit/lost those balls whether it was Peyton, Brady, or our beloved Aikman throwing to them. The offensive line that played against the Vikings would have gotten anyone of those qb's killed. At least Romo's mobility gave him a shot. Romo haters all want to forget that it was almost never a mistake on Romo's part that lost those games for us. The Washington game last year? Yeah, that was all on Romo but he was trying to overcome losing Dez, Miles, Murray, and a horrible defense. It was literally a hail mary all game long. My point being, the reasons we have lost over the last 3 years have very little to do with Romo mistakes and none of the HOF qb's I mentioned, or any other for that matter, would have made a difference it the actual reasons we lost.
    5Stars likes this.
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Put Romo in NE and there's no way they would be 5-1 right now the only ones who will buy that are Cowboy FANS. According to some of them Romo would have 5 SB wins had he been in NE all these years and that's no exaggeration. There's those who've actually argued that Romo is much better than Brady. Brady has been playing without his top 5 receivers from last season. It's had him so frustrated he had to address his body language after one game. Romo is a "good" QB not a "great" QB and he's nowhere near the level of a Tom Brady. Brady's leadership is what's kept it together in NE with the cast he's been playing with.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    You underestimate what real NFL caliber coaching can do for a player. He has had Sean Payton and an intern.
  5. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    If you read my posts I don't underestimate what real NFL caliber coaching can do for players. Belichick wasn't very successful in Cleveland and one reason he didn't have an elite QB. Belichick was 5-11 his first year in NE in 2000 with Bledsoe as his QB and started off 0-2 the following year with Bledsoe. It all changed for Belichick and NE when Brady took over. QB's make head coaches not the other way around.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  6. Animosity

Animosity Active Member

441 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    SMH at these Romo homers.
  7. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

881 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Just stop it. The cowardly lion's playoffs or "spotlight" games were far worse than his regular season or non spotlight games in EVERY, and I mean EVERY measurable way. You give him a pass though since he played for some arguably bad teams (5 of which, however, were good enough to make the playoffs).

It really is beyond ironic. You spend hours, days and probably weeks of your time hammering Romo for "spotlight" game ineptitude - only in Romo's case it's all on him and there are no acceptable "team" performance excuses allowed. Then in your pro-Barry rant, you isolate one of his very, very few great "spotlight" plays, throw out bad team excuses, and blame sample size. Amazing how you can write this stuff with a straight face.
  8. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    If Romo played on that Patriots TEAM, not only would they still be 5-1, but they would have a legit shot at 6-0.

Week 1 NE 23 - Bills 21 (Romo wins this game) (Brady was decent)

Week 2 NE 13 - Jets 10 (Romo wins this game easily) (Brady can thank Geno for his 3 ints for this W)

Week 3 NE 23 - Tampa 3 (Any QB wins this game) (Brady was good but the D gave up only 3 POINTS)

Week 4 NE 30 - Atl 23 (If Romo lost, this would be the game) (Brady was good, but D showed up big)

Week 5 NE 6 - Cinc 13 (Romo wins this game) (To be fair it was rainy, but Brady was still awful and got outplayed)

Week 6 NE 30 - NO 27 (Romo wins this game, but it's very close) (Brady was ok, made a critical interception but made up for it with GW drive)

As you can see, Brady's DEFENSE has been a BIG reason why they're 5-1, even more so then Brady. Brady has had a down year this year, you can credit that to lack of weapons, but he has missed plenty of crucial throws this year. At worst with that NE team Romo would be 4-2 or 5-1 with a legit shot at 6-0. Only a Romo hater would say otherwise. THIS year Romo is playing very efficient and arguably out playing any QB not named P Manning.
  9. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Anyone can post that Romo wins this game and Romo wins that game for NE...get real! Only a Romo FAN would say he would be 5-1 with a legit shot at 6-0 in NE with the receivers Brady has been playing with. Brady has had a down year due not having his top 5 receivers from last season but still has managed a 5-1 record. Take Romo's top receivers away from last season and the Cowboys might be winless. Romo has never had to play even one game without his security blanket Jason Witten.
  10. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    I'm giving Sanders a pass because he was an RB not a QB and was a first ballot Hall of Famer who some consider the greatest RB in NFL history. He was so frustrated with the Lions he quit the game. Sanders only played in 5 playoff games so naturally his playoff performances which are very limited compared to the number of regular season games he played in are going to pale in comparison. Defenses were bent on taking him out of games he was a marked man. The 5 teams he played for that made the playoffs only made them because of him. Take all his yards and TD's away and none of those 5 teams make the playoffs with the QB's they had. The Lions used 6 different QB's during those 5 playoff seasons. I don't spend near as much time proving my point on Romo as some who try and defend him. It's easy to prove he comes up short in spotlighted games his record verifies it along with the number of costly turnovers he's committed in those games.

It's ridiculous to compare an RB's impact on the game with a QB's impact in todays game. They were discussing on NFLN the possibility of Minn trading AD in a Walker type trade. One expert commented the only way you make that trade is if you get a proven elite QB. The Browns just traded their best player an RB a few weeks ago to stockpile picks so they can position themselves to get a top flight QB. Look at the history of the draft and see how many more QB's have been taken #1 overall over RB's. Troy Aikman was taken ahead of Barry Sanders because a QB is the most critical component to a football team. Everything I post I do with a straight face because I have a wealth of stats, facts and examples to support my views while all most of you have is your opinions.
  11. dstovall5

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    Clueless, keep on keeping on. With the way that defense is playing, it'd be a joke if Brady's record was anything less then 5-1. Brady may be struggling more then usual because of his WRs, but his WRs have nothing to do with his accuracy. Brady has missed quite a bit of throws this year that he usually makes. Without Brady that team would still be a competitive 4-2.
  12. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    You're giving Romo a 5-1 record with a legit possibility of 6-0 with the receivers Brady has and you're calling me clueless? Brady has missed a lot of throws because he's playing with a bunch of young receivers he's never played with before and they haven't been on the same page which is why he's been so frustrated and been caught yelling at some of them. Are you even watching the games?
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,442 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Kelly is trying to give Romo the big head. :)
  14. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,442 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    You're crazy.
  15. dstovall5

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    What games do they lose then? IMO they'd win every game except NO and ATL which would put them 4-2. Brady was god awful against Cincy and he hurt them more then helped.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Ah, c'mon man, you're using rationale and logic and holding him to a standard of consistency.

You really expect him to use the same canon for other players as he does Romo? :D:D:D:D:D

On one hand he says the Lions roster was trash except for the venerated Sanders, who is the only reason the Lions had any success. Barry was the sole reason for the team's success - yet on the other hand you cant criticize him for a production decline in "spotlight" games because he was JUST a RB. You see, to fit his agenda only players who are QB's can be held accountable. That way he can continue to claim he is a Cowboys fan yet still slam Romo every chance he gets. He can use all of his "stats, research, and proof" to beat down all the "opinions" of others, at least in his own mind. The only thing he does consistently is ignore the eye test, because the eye test tends to refute his "stats, research, and proof" on a fairly consistent basis. Stats are important but they are like a bikini - they reveal a lot, but they hide the most important stuff. He always misses that hidden stuff, the most important stuff.

And yes I believe he posts this stuff with a straight face. After all, he is the self proclaimed master debater who always wins and he has over 8 million followers online!
    5Stars and Red Dragon like this.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    He's prob thinking the same thing about you . . . . . . .
  18. dstovall5

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    Missing a wide open WR has nothing to do all the stuff you mentioned. Throw and catch. And yes I have seen a whole lot of the Patriots this year, and I must say Romo has looked ALOT better then Brady this year.
  19. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,418 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    Tom brady is for sure elite. But id say its more belichicks system. You can take any decent qb and put him there and I think he will succeed. Maybe not as much as brady but he will.
  20. Jakethesnake3

Jakethesnake3 Member

73 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Your hateries are showing and it's making me blush. Ponder this, if Brady played for the Cowboys he may be out football or the IR list. Tony's a baller.