1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles/cowboys Mirror Images

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyRoy, Nov 6, 2012.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Watching the Eagles to me is like watching the Cowboys. Defenses are both pretty good. I actually like Dallas better. They have loads of talent on offense at the skill positions.

But both teams are completely mistake prone, turnover prone, bad in the redzone, lack of a running game.

Its quite simple actually. Both teams have aweful Olines. And it ruins the offenses. Doesnt matter how many great skill position players you have, if your Oline sucks, you arent running anywhere, and you will have lots of turnovers most likely. Things will be wildly in consistent. Is it any wonder that both coaches are on the hot seat?

Next weeks game should be called the tiolet bowl.
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,871 Messages
    2,047 Likes Received
    It is in Philly, isnt it?
  3. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,767 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    With a name like COWBOYRoy, I would hope you would like Dallas . :laugh2:
  4. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Both of these teams stink and neither will make the playoffs, regardless of who wins the game.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    your right. Both teams are run by two QB who have tons of talent but their heads eventually get in their way.

To be fair the Eagles lost two of their best OL for the year.....Dallas OL is just bad.

Andy Reid is obviously not in right state after death of his son this offseason.

One thing that is vastly different from these two franchises is Eagles will not continue on path that doesn't work (look for Reid and Vick to be gone next year) while Dallas will continue to push their "we have to change the man in mirror" line and produce similar results. In other words...look for Eagles to make significant changes and possibly change their trajectory while Dallas maintains theirs.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Eagles will win as they always do against us.
  7. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,029 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
  8. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    This game is Vick last hurrah
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    We will stay tuned to see who gets fushed.:laugh1:
  10. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,111 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received

Reid and his players will right the ship before we do.

Eagles will make a run and its starts with thrashing us.
  11. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Philly's OL is a complete mess right now. They lost another starter last night. I think they're playing with 4 backups right now. If our defense can't dominate the line of scrimmage Sunday, they should be embarrassed.
  12. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,029 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    And yet, I envision LeSean McCoy going to town on the Cowboys, like he usually does.

Last year, Philly was in a similar predictament and ripped us to shreds when they played there. Then they repeated the beating back at Cowboys Stadium late in the year during our Annual December Swoon.

Bottom line is that their skill players match up very well against us. I don't think we beat them.
  13. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this...
  14. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

800 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Got to be honest, if Phili wins it won't be that painful. Us losing to Phili puts us closer to competeing for the Sean Payton sweepstakes.
    I know it's sacrelidge to pull for an arch enemy but I would hate to see Payton coach in Phili when the fat guy gets canned due to their loss to us.
    Kind of a damned if do or danmed if you don't.
    Sad position for us to be in.
  15. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,767 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Payton is not coming to Dallas.

The season isn't over. People who root for their teams to lose in mid season or, a the end of the season, are morons.
  16. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,029 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Don't worry. Sean Payton is going back to New Orleans.

If we're lucky, Norv Turner would go to Philly. If this were to happen, the fan reaction would be most entertaining.

Seriously though, I see Jon Gruden as Philly's next HC. He's a big name and he has a history there.
  17. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

800 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Good call. Gruden fits and he's probably ready to get out of the booth for half of what Sean will demand.
    Either way, I'm afraid JJ will keep JG no matter what our record is. In JJ's demented world, we're one step away from a SB at 3-13 or 13-3.
  18. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

800 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    And so are people who are satisfied with mediocrity. You know what they say about people who do the same thing over and over, expecting better results? They turn into Cleveland fans. :bang2:
  19. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    If this is toliet bowl , I hope eagles get flushed.:lmao2:
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I think you guys underestimate the extent to which the Eagles have already collapsed. The team knows Vick and Reid won't be back. Playing at home this week will be a disadvantage for them. I think they look a lot like our 2010 team that quit.