1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles fleece of Cardinals is official

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Joe Realist, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,414 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Eagles trade Kolb for DRC and a 2nd round pick. Kolb signs 5 year deal for $63 million with $20 million guaranteed.

Who said no one was going to give up anything for Kolb?????
  2. Jed_70

Jed_70 New Member

420 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did Jerry Jones work this deal for the Cardinals?
  3. warrior43

warrior43 Member

260 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wow i cant believe they got a 2nd rounder also. That just seems outrageous to me that the cardinals did this. But when Vick gets injured this year who is the backup? Seriously im not trying to ruffle feathers do they have another QB on the roster?
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    Kolb cashed the hell in too. Horrific for the Cardinals. This means the Eagles are likely out of the Asomugha running, though.
  5. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,760 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Deal the same as yesterday, minus $10 million to Kolb of course. The Eagles still made out like bandits. Not surprising because the Cardinals were desperate.

They have been out of the running. This deal was a done deal. Worst kept secret in the league.

DRC should not scare anyone.
  6. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,414 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Cards were desperate and Eagles have a history of one sided QB deals (see AJ Feely, McNabb). I think Kolb would have been good in Philly w/o Vick. Not sure in Arizona. I hope does well, especially against the Eagles but not against Dallas. :D
  7. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Kolb's going to be a pretty good QB. I think a lot of you underestimate him. He has made some mistakes, but the guy is young and didn't get much playing experience behind McFlabb. He has the physical tools to do it and I think he is definitely smart enough to learn from his mistakes.
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    They'll bring someone inn, my guess Vince Young. Reid just gets the most out of QBs so it could work. If they bring Young they wouldn't have to change up the offense much if /when Vick gets hurt so it kinda makes sense that way
  9. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think the Cardinals way-overpaid.

We'll see soon enough.
  10. warrior43

warrior43 Member

260 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think that would actually work out perfect for them.
  11. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    :bang2: :bang2:

^My feelings about it
  12. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,642 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I'm convinced the Eagles could put anybody at all as their backup QB for a few years and then get a 2nd round pick for them. First Feely, and now this guy.

Call it Matt Schaub/Matt Cassel syndrome, but every team thinks the white backup QB who has a 1:1 TD:INT ratio but didn't look completely inept in his 2 career starts is going to turn their team around.
  13. Jed_70

Jed_70 New Member

420 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't believe the Cardinals paid that much for a system QB. Kolb is a product of Reid's system.

All QBs look promising in his system. Remember when they fleeced the Dolphins out of a 2nd round pick for A.J. Feely.
  14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    How did I know you'd be the one starting this thread?
  15. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,885 Messages
    3,030 Likes Received
    Hate to see Eagles get a second. If Kolb turns out to be a franchise QB then it was a deal for AZ.
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    Hahahaha
  17. urface59

urface59 Active Member

1,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we hadn't made the RW trade id feel much better about saying how utterly stupid the cards are.
  18. Jed_70

Jed_70 New Member

420 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beat me to it.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,662 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Was this really a fleecing anyway? I thought they were getting their top-10 pick/Patrick Peterson for him.

Plus Larry Fitzgerald.
  20. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    The Cardinals overapid mightly. I mean a starting CB and a 2nd rd. I would go as high a 5th because Kolb has not done much. I wonder how much we could get for Stephen McGee. He played in a few games last year. I think we can get 6th, maybe a 5th. Unbelievable. I am not that high on Kolb. I want a Qb that is proven and Kolb is not it.