1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles have lost 8 straight at home

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by viman96, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,293 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Because they have a dynamic offense and we have already proved we can't win against those teams.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    It's a dismal stat for their fans, but since it spans two HC regimes, I wouldn't put much stock in it. It'll be a nice streak to continue for them, though. Maybe at some point, it becomes a story that gets legs and becomes a legitimate 'thing' for them. I'd love that.
  3. Idgit

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    Is there any game this season you're *not* going to give up on before it's even played? I'm just curious.
    Red Dragon likes this.
  4. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,853 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    I think that if it gets to double-digits (10 home losses in a row,) it will truly become a constant news story.
  5. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,853 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    The Eagles seem to defy a lot of conventional wisdom about road and home games, though.

They defeated the Giants on the road at New York 5 consecutive times, for instance. (twice in 2008, once in 2009, once in 2010, once in 2011)
  6. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I'm sure it's already major news in Philly and in the Eagles locker room. 8 straight? Wow!
  7. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Yeah, you are completely off base here. In no way is the poster saying that because the a eagles have lost 8 straight, they will continue to do so.

The reading comprehension here sometimes... is less than ideal.
  8. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,293 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Yes. The Rams game and this Skins game I had a good feeling we would win. Because of poor QB play they have.

The others, I have pretty had much had zero faith. And for good reason.
  9. Idgit

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    I must have missed you talking about those good feelings those two weeks, then. They must have been fun weeks for you, though.
  10. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    You guys know what I just realized?
    Lesean Mccoy jukes a lot and is a very shifty guy, with that comes about questionable ways of holding the ball.
    I would be surprised if we didn't strip him or make him fumble at least once.
  11. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,704 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    foles has played against two crappy defenses, so if ours can push the pocket back into him and keep the running game down, I think we will have a great chance to continue Philly's road woes
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,833 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    Apparently so. What does "the proverbial monkey on your back" [OP] mean to you? To me, it suggests that the Eagles' losing streak might be a problem for them.
  13. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,062 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Wrong. That was my response to someone saying it means nothing. Which I started off by saying "probably not but it could" and then provided an example of how it could become an issue.

This is not a stat I would hang my hat on. I found it interesting and odd it has not been made a bigger issue. Maybe I am just too accustomed to the National and Dallas media where this would have been a huge story with segments on TV shows dedicated to the losing streak.
  14. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,897 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Mistletoe?
  15. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,833 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    That's kind of nuanced, but, OK. I like the 0-8 trend, they have been talking about it a lot on the radio up here, I hope that it continues, seems pretty easy to support.
  16. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Does Jerry know Rowdy is getting on here and being so defeatist? That's grounds for termination IMO.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    If Dallas can slow down McCoy I like our chances very much
  18. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,882 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    ... Then proceed to spiral towards 6-10 :)
  19. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,062 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Foles will go throw deep so the DBs need to be on top of their game. The DL needs to find a way to limit McCoy and put pressure on Foles.
  20. mcnabbmcnow

mcnabbmcnow Benched

120 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Most of those losses were Andy Reid. The NFL schedule makers didn't do Chip Kelly any favors this year, starting with the Redskins away on MNF, then having to come home vs. San Diego and then a Thursday home game vs. KC. 3 games in 11 days was a lot for an entirely new coaching staff, tons of new players, and a completely different offensive and defensive scheme. I don't think the 8 losses in a row at home means much