1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Early Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by ajk23az, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Well a guy in my league was relying on Peyton and we all know how that has gone. His backup is McNabb :rolleyes:

I got him thinking about this deal;

I give:
    Cutler
    B. Marshall
    Ahmad Bradshaw

I get:
    Maurice Jones Drew
    Lee Evans (throw in, will drop after trade)
    McNabb (throw in, will drop after trade)

What does everyone think?

This is my team as of right now

Romo
    McFadden
    Felix
    Bradshaw
    Miles Austin
    Dez
    Mercedes Lewis

Kenny Britt
    B. Marshall
    Percy Harvin
    Addai
    Michael Bush
    Cutler

I'm EXTREMELY deep at WR and would have a nasty RB trio with MJD, DMAC, and Felix.
  2. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,057 Messages
    49 Likes Received
  3. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For as good as MJD is he likes to not show up during the fantasy playoffs. You are giving up too much to get him and will have to rely on the Cowboys offense to carry you the entire season. I wouldn't give up Bradshaw or Marshall. Throw him a Cowboy instead, you should diversify.
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,184 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I would make the trade, you still have Britt and Harvin on your bench and MJD is a pretty good upgrade over Bradshaw. Especially all the injuries the Giants are facing. Now Nicks is banged up and didnt practice today.
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i wouldnt do that trade if i was either of you. your team is pretty good as is though i wouldnt start 4 guys from the same team ever. also im sure one of henne, cam, or fitzpatrick is out there for him to pick up and he gets to keep his star runningback.

i will say if it is a keeper league that is the only way i might consider it from your side
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Yeah we did an auction draft and I'm the only Cowboy fan in the whole league. Nobody wanted anything to do with Romo or Felix and got them on the cheap, paid a little extra for Miles. DMAC, Dez, & Britt were my keepers.

Yeah, its a keeper league.

And that's the thing, only Henne is left on the WW that is worth picking up. There is no way that he has that type of performance again this year.

By trading Cutler, I would probably be picking up Henne as my backup for week 5.
  7. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Marshall is gold I think you are giving up too much for a team that doesn't have a qb to throw the ball.
  8. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    in that case just try and trade bradshaw and cutler for MJD, he gets a QB that he needs and a decent RB in exchange for his top RB. see if he bites, no reason to give up more than needed, Bmarsh could be top 10 this year if henne even becomes a top 16 QB
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,810 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    Too rich...I'm not sure I would do that if I were you.