1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

East/West Shrine game ***Game Thread***

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by lane, Jan 20, 2007.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,014 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    na he's not cocky at all. he said it best when that reporter asked him about the taught. first thing he said was " thats uncharacteristic of me" and it really is.just having fun. he knows better
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,746 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    I like that type of attitude on the field. It almost forces you to bring more than your "A" game every game, in order to keep up your cockiness.

But you can tell he's a smart kid, that knows when to market, and when not to. I like him.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,014 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    yup very mature for his age. but lsoing your brother, father and mother in a 18 month span kinda makes u grow up real fast and real quick. and has u looking at the big picture in life
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    LM, got Paul up in my mock :)
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    damn........what happened?
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,014 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    his brother curtis used to play for washinton huskies and got paralyzed in a game vs stanford. he made a tackle at the goaline, and just a freak injury. was paralyzed from the neck down.

his mom and dad died from heart conditions a few months apart.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    that is as bad as it gets.

i'm rooting for this guy bigtime.
  8. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    what a freaking catch by ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,014 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    yeah that david ball kid has great hands. if he had the speed to go with them hands he'd be on alot of boards higher
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Bazuin is looking pretty good, 2 sacks tonight
  11. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Who did Zac Taylor piss off this week? He needed to take his offensive lineman out for a steak before the game or something to get them on his good side.
  12. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    for reals.
  13. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    dan reeves is a real coach.
  14. TDHND

TDHND Member

568 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    David Ball has looked very impressive.
  15. gollum

gollum Member

747 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    score? time remaining? stats of Ball and Williams?
  16. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The players I've highlighted in bold fonts above are the ones that I have on my draft board right now, or ones that I've read the Cowboys showed some interest in at the Shrine game practices... in two or three cases, both...

And in two or three cases, there are players from those rosters not currently on my board that I'm gonna want to take a closer look at...
  17. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The more I learn about this guy, the more I think the comparisons to Jerry Rice are valid... both were TD machines with marginal speed, playing small college ball... both were of a similar size too..

He might be one of those "slow" WRs who can still make it in the NFL... a Ricky Proehl type would be a worst case scenario, IMO...
  18. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Got to want a guy like that to make it... I already had him targeted as one of the players I'd love the Boys to pursue... my thinking is they have a number of intriguing, big young WRs, but they don't have enough speed receivers... so I had guys like Johnnie Lee Higgins out of UTEP and Williams flagged... and even though I went to UTEP, and have an undeniable bias toward their players, if I had my choice between to equally swift WRs, I'd go with the bigger of the two... that's Williams, who's 2-3 inches taller and 25-30 pounds heavier...

Yeah, I'll be quite content if they call Paul Williams' name in the 2nd round (I don't think he'll still be on the board when they pick in the 3rd, indeed he might already be gone when they pick in the 2nd)...
  19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I like Doug Free
  20. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Have you asked him out yet??

<ducking for cover>